• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1983 M925 What rims should I get

tobyS

Sorry 925, but this is one safety issue that you may want to invest in some ABS equipment in addition to wheels and tires. I'm not sure what it takes. There are probably some kits, but just guessing. Lots of guys would have them used, I would think.
Have you thought about a serious modification, like bobbing it to a 4x4? And with 16.00 would be cool. Google "bobbed 5 tons" images.

tobyS

I guess light or empty loads and driving in the rain is a big no no with non ABS rigs.
Yes, they tend to lock up under light loads and slick conditions, which in and of it'self can be controlled, but in the case of the Allison transmission, also causes the engine to stop and loss of all control. 98G mentions the steering and rolling. Have you noticed the roll bar on these trucks?

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A word of context - I've hit the brakes hard enough on dry pavement to engage the antilocks. On more than one occasion, and with more than one of these trucks. So, it won't really take all that much to lock them up and kill it. A light going from green to red unexpectedly...

I'm happy to drive M35A2s and M809series trucks which are NOT equipped with ABS. The difference here is locking these up won't kill it and cause a rollover.

Last edited:

tobyS

No. Sorry to confuse you. One axle locking is as bad as two. Go to the search above and put in "adding ABS". You will find a lot already discussed, including some other alternatives.