• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 Chevrolet CUCV M1028

cucvrus

002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg011.jpgI was going thru some old pictures and I came across these pictures of my M1028. This truck was so nice. I had it for 18 years and was always afraid to drive it and I just had to keep it in storage and it was a real pain in the butt. I drove it to several of the shows at Aberdeen and Jim Thorpe. It was a beauty. Drove like a brand new truck. It has 1900 miles on it when I bought it in 1996. I actually thought these pictures were on 35mm. I am glad they are not. That way I can share them with you.

cucvrus

012.jpg013.jpg016.jpg015.jpg020.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpg021.jpgThis truck was perfect in every way. All original except a tinted windshield with antenna and a standard single speaker GM Delco AM / FM radio. Everything worked and it was all original GM sheet metal. I painted it with Nile Chemical Paint CARC.

cucvrus

Parking lots. Other drivers and scratches. It was just one of them things that I never wanted to see get damaged and I fussed over it constantly. So one day it had to go. I put it out for sale and in 2 hours I sold it for the asking price.

the skull

omg

I'm not sure I could have let that one go.
It's a lot nicer than anything else I'm driving
plus it's nicer than anything I've owned for the
last 15 years. I think I understand fussing over it,
I bet shopping carts and tornados had it on the radar

Last edited:

cucvrus

Well I did drive it till August 2013. Then I kept looking at it and trying to keep it perfect was a full time job. I had to move it in and out of my barn and garage every time I wanted to work on something. I had to store it inside every winter and when it was in storage I still had to pay storage or check on it and keep it in running order. It was like a high maintenance woman. One day I decided to put it up for sale for crazy money and it sold in 2 hours. That ended my love hate relationship with that truck. I had several trucks that were so nice I did not want to drive them. And I hate watching things rust. My opinion on this truck was it was so nice it had to be perfect. And in my opinion it was not perfect enough anymore. Time had taken a slight toll on it and I wanted someone else to use and enjoy it. I have a glut of vehicles and it meant so little to me to sell it. I wanted a lot for it and the buyer was willing to pay a lot for it. I flipped the cash and put it down on a brand new 4 X 4 Silverado pickup. I ordered the new 2014 truck as close to a CUCV as I could from factory. I am happier with the new truck and it has a lot more comforts then the old M1028. I hated to say to the new owner. But when he bought it I ask that he not bring it back to me for anything. I basically did not want to see it degrade. Karma comes around. It is parked 2 doors down the street from me. The neighbors ex-husband was the buyer and now his Son has reached the driving age. They kept it nice but it has a few ugly mods that I never would do. A trailer hitch in place of the pintle hood. Poor job and a big decal across the top of the windshield that says HOZILLA. what ever that means. I just ignore it when I drive by most times. A few times I seen it in traffic in front of me. The kid driving it runs it hard. Which is fine by me it ain't mine no more. I should have sold it out of state. It is their truck they may do as they wish. The way things go I may end up with it again. You never can tell. I have had several returned back to me from different areas. A few dealers that traded them , buyers that don't want them anymore and a few in salvage yards. You never know I may have owned your CUCV at one time.

Last edited:

cucvrus

035.jpgThis is a really good picture that my wife took when I went over to take people some groceries during the flood we had here. I did not want her going with me so she stayed at the road while I went over. This is right off I 81 and the water was higher at the entrance of the driveway I delivered to. It never missed a beat and I had a snorkel set up on the air cleaner that I fabbed out of a stock 6.2 air filter housing. Just for this time. I used the truck a lot in the flood ferrying things and people to different places. I did all the fluid changes afterwards.

tim292stro

I think the intention behind hozilla was to imagine themselves picking up loose women in a big truck (kind of like a "God's gift to women" thing, only much, much stupider...) - but it's more funny to look at the urban dictionary definition (especially definition #2): Hozilla. :beer:

NovacaineFix

You know CUCVRUS, sometimes you come to that crossroads in your life where you want things to be simpler and back to basics, at least that's what is is for me. I have a much newer daily driver vehicle that has all the creature comforts that I need, but at the time, my (soon to be ex)wife is driving it since her vehicle is in need of a transmission rebuild (for the 3rd time).
I bought my M1009 with the intention of fixing her up and flipping her, but with the current situation, she is pretty happy being my daily workhorse.

I used to have an '03 Chevy Silverado with the 6.6 Duramax, what a nice truck. So much power for the weight and size it was just perfect, well until it hit that mark of every little thing starting to need attention. That and leaking fuel injectors that caused a diesel runaway that nearly destroyed the engine.

Everybody has choices to make, you made yours and your happy with that, and that's good. It's sometimes hard to have constant reminders that pass you by from time to time with giant inappropriate window decals on them.:cookoo:

cucvrus

DSCN0355.jpgDSCN0356.jpgDSCN0357.jpgDSCN0358.jpgDSCN0359.jpgDSCN0360.jpgI was digging around and found some pictures on a disc that I have of an M1028 that I owned for many years. Look how nice the paint was on it. I decided to repaint the truck that year. I have since sold it. I just got tired of babying it. It was as next to perfect as I have ever seen. The wheels and tires are just so I have something to store it and move it around. I had it down to the bare frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks