• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 Camp Shelby M1008 Restoration

Alabama Mike

Rlltide12, its looking good. I love the seat! Where at in Bama are you, I'm in Cullman, I see by your signature you own a "Money Pit" I got a couple of those myself as well!

Alabama Mike

Yea we ride up at stony lonesome a good bit up there. Im originally from berry, but workin down in south alabama now
Stoney lonesome is about 6 miles from the house, I live out between Dodge City and Good Hope on Smith Lake. I got one Sammy I take up there, and got another that I'm getting ready to crossbred like you did. Keep up the work on the M1008, its looking good so far!

rlltide12

Just to help anyone out who has dash light troubles. I pulled my dash housing and used a pencil eraser to clean all the copper tabs up on the printed circuit then took my dremel with a sanding wheel and gently sanded all the brass tabs on the light bulb holders until there was shiny brass showing. Now all my lights on my dash work perfectly

frontiersman

Hey man, met you and your fine truck in Thomasville, AL. I am trying hard to find a decent M1008 or M1028 to restore as you are doing. Would love to come help/learn from you before I get mine. Thanks!

rlltide12

I will be doing crossover steering in the very near future, got the PS 2WD gearbox, SUP-1104 drop pitman arm, and a springless kingpin crossover steering kit using 1.5" 0.25 wall DOM. I have a question for those who have done this and need some advice. Does the drag link have to be bent with a 6 inch lift? Also, has anyone ever experienced the frame cracking issue on a K30 cucv? Thanks in advance!

rlltide12

I have done the reading on the frame cracks, but i would love some pics of a m1008 frame that has cracked. I cant find anyone who has actually had it happen, just a lot of people saying it does. And thanks for the invite 123mack i joined today!