• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1989 am general humvee need advice

Wrbrackett

I spoke my local town hall and also the state.they said there is absolutely no issue with titling and registering this humvee in New Hampshire.
The town hall said it was no problem but called the state just to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perkman87

Hey Guys,

I was doing my typical googling and ran into this thread....

My name is Jonathan From Bullet Motorsports. We sold this vehicle to our customer. Our customer called us a few months later saying he would be listing it for sale asking if it would be okay to use the pictures from the site. I said no problem! Also if anyone calls me I will always offer advice, its the right thing to do! I know our customer needed to fund a new business venture and I understood, so I told him if anyone has questions to shoot them my way, as I know what we did to the truck...alllloooottt ( portal axles, pitman arm, tie rod ends, ecm, gp, grounding kit, 3 cv joints, new batteries, every fluid and filter, not to mention new top and doors, along with new wheels and tires, LED headlights, full touchup, hardware replacement, the list goes on) Long story short we helped! We found a nice home for it locally here in Florida. We had a potential customer come in that wanted a truck right away, and we could not produce it (4 months back ordered at the moment), So we connected these two and that guy got a **** of a deal. We still speak with the prior owner and new owner, and hope everyone on here knows that if they want to talk Humvees or Muscle Cars they can call our office too!

Pretty sure you guys can Youtube a few of my videos and see what we do.... ( https://www.youtube.com/user/BulletmotorsportsInc ) Also these Humvees are a personal passion of mine, it keeps my shop busy while I buy and sell classic cars ( our core business ) sometimes our Classics do not need much work so this really helps with keeping the hours steady in our shop. If you are local stop on by, just bring Coconut water, or Coffee!

Thanks again!

Also:
Here is a pretty recent build:
http://bulletmotorsports.com/1993-general-humvee-custom-build/

And Below is a screen shot of some of our Yelp Reviews:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 6.51.12 PM.jpg

Perkman87

We buy them from individuals that already have them titled. We also sell ones we buy from govplanet as offroad for overseas, and large property use. We do not do titling, not interested in that.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We buy them from individuals that already have them titled. We also sell ones we buy from govplanet as offroad for overseas, and large property use. We do not do titling, not interested in that.
So as I understand it GovPlanet sells these vehicles with the restriction that they are NOT to be sold abroad. How have you avoided that?

T

Action

Hey Guys,

I was doing my typical googling and ran into this thread....

My name is Jonathan From Bullet Motorsports. We sold this vehicle to our customer. Our customer called us a few months later saying he would be listing it for sale asking if it would be okay to use the pictures from the site. I said no problem! Also if anyone calls me I will always offer advice, its the right thing to do! I know our customer needed to fund a new business venture and I understood, so I told him if anyone has questions to shoot them my way, as I know what we did to the truck...alllloooottt ( portal axles, pitman arm, tie rod ends, ecm, gp, grounding kit, 3 cv joints, new batteries, every fluid and filter, not to mention new top and doors, along with new wheels and tires, LED headlights, full touchup, hardware replacement, the list goes on) Long story short we helped! We found a nice home for it locally here in Florida. We had a potential customer come in that wanted a truck right away, and we could not produce it (4 months back ordered at the moment), So we connected these two and that guy got a **** of a deal. We still speak with the prior owner and new owner, and hope everyone on here knows that if they want to talk Humvees or Muscle Cars they can call our office too!

Pretty sure you guys can Youtube a few of my videos and see what we do.... ( https://www.youtube.com/user/BulletmotorsportsInc ) Also these Humvees are a personal passion of mine, it keeps my shop busy while I buy and sell classic cars ( our core business ) sometimes our Classics do not need much work so this really helps with keeping the hours steady in our shop. If you are local stop on by, just bring Coconut water, or Coffee!

Thanks again!

Also:
Here is a pretty recent build:
http://bulletmotorsports.com/1993-general-humvee-custom-build/

And Below is a screen shot of some of our Yelp Reviews:

View attachment 684724

Your link above lists what you do to these....,it states new fluids, then further down, is has coolant CHECK, and transfer case level CHECK. What fluids do you actually replace?

Perkman87

On that specific truck we replaced all fluids and filters, when installing the Reddot you have to remove the radiator (so we replace the fluids). The description is vague on that blog post, and every truck list is different, thats just a basic taste of what was done.

T-case was drained and refilled, and we even replaced the output seal as it was leaking.

The trans pan was dropped and filter and gasket were replaced.

Portal axles were taken apart and inspected at the clips, and re filled and sealed as well.

We even installed underside protection on that truck.

Sometimes when we buy these trucks off eBay/ craigslist, the prior owner has a fluid change receipt ect, and we just check to ensure it is true, then we fix all the major issues, we go over the trucks as best as possible.

I have a really great build I am working on right now, with such attention to detail I do not want to part ways with it. I will make a build thread on it. We did a top end overhaul on this units engine, complete color change, all new hardware, hard doors, fully serviced everything! .