• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1997 Fermont 803a

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4.2 is certainly shy of 5.0. Even at that the generator should be putting out somewhere near 120 volts at the convenience outlet if the VR is good.
All things so far point to a bad VR.

To double check, I assume you get around 120 volts AC at the convenience outlet with S1 in START, but then it drops back to 0 to 30 volt range when you release S1 to the Prime/Run position. Correct?

Buster1528

4.2 is certainly shy of 5.0. Even at that the generator should be putting out somewhere near 120 volts at the convenience outlet if the VR is good.
All things so far point to a bad VR.

To double check, I assume you get around 120 volts AC at the convenience outlet with S1 in START, but then it drops back to 0 to 30 volt range when you release S1 to the Prime/Run position. Correct?

gelane

I just want to thank everyone for helping me figure out the issue with my 1997 803a . I was honestly lost in the dark because this is all new to me. All testing points towards a faulty voltage regulator.
I went through the same thing not to long ago.
Kurt helped me stumble through it. After receiving
his vr kit my unit has performed perfectly since.

I will add that the kit Kurt provides is one of the best,
most complete kits I've seen as well as the easiest to
understand instructions.

Good luck !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks