• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1997 MP Suburban

micheljns

I got my 1997 Military Police Suburban that I bought from BBF on the road this week. Installed a new 4L80e transmission, new U joints and a new battery. Shes sweet!
:beer:

Last edited:

Skinny

I got my 1997 Military Police Suburban that I bought from BBF on the road this week. Installed a new 4L80e transmission, new U joints and a new battery. Shes sweet!
:beer:
Did you upgrade to a 4L80e trans? Strange that a half ton model would have that trans. What are the specs on that truck?

micheljns

It's titled as a K1500 but that is the transmission that was in it when I received it. It has the gas 5.7 liter and other than that I have not been able to find any info about these online at all?

It's titled as a K1500 but that is the transmission that was in it when I received it. It has the gas 5.7 liter and other than that I have not been able to find any info about these online at all?
Weird that it even has the 5.7L in it at all. Especially considering they made the K1500 pickups and Suburbans both with the 6.5L and the government generally prefers diesels. But then again, the Air Force seems to buy vehicles to the beat of a different drum.

But looks like a really nice truck!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be a one off. The Marines and the Air Force are known to do that.

PM me the VIN and I'll see if I can find something about it.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not saying the truck wasn't Army issue but something doesn't smell right.

Looking at the VIN number you sent, the truck orginally came with the 4L60e tranny and CarFax shows 21 records and AutoCheck.com is showing 31 records. My 2000 CUCV-II only shows 1 record from when I registered it this year. I didn't buy the reports to see the history.

Most of the vehicles ordered for the military have vinyl seats and not cloth. The data plate isn't the "stock" GM plate.

My guess is that it is a clone. It might have been built as a one off. Great looking truck none the less.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

The data plate should look something like whats in the pictures below.

Also see 24 volt gage and blackout switchs on dash.
Do you have two batteries?
How is the second battery getting charged?
Does the NATO adapter work?

See how the front of the truck looks in my pictures...you have a reg CUCV brush guard from an 80's truck. Also your weapon mounts are wrong.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks