• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st Deuce Project Begins

StoneMill

Got the steering wheel back on and the horn working after a few adjustments. Short test drive soon. :-D:-D:-D
Got the bed positioned for prep and paint. I forgot how heavy that **** thing is.

StoneMill

Took her across the street for a couple of short rides to test out the clutch and brakes. Everything is working good. Had a small coolant leak from the rear of the intake. The clamp was a little loose and I overfilled it after the last flush. All good now it seems. I'm gonna check it out closer today. Bed should be done today and on tomorrow. Got to go get new bolts. Some pics for you to enjoy and a short vid...

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cna feel your love/pain in this project I have a 71 m-35 that I have done all that you are doing and I am now just waiting for the humitity to drop a little to paint, after that comes the stencils and then the interior, it is a lobor of love but tested love to be MORE accurate! Your truck will be beautiful when done and YOU know Exactly what and how it was all done, keep up the great looking work!
KK

asgtoolman

GREAT THREAD!! There's no better way to get to know your truck than to take it apart and put it back together; anything in the future will seem simple. I like painting disassembled pieces and bolting them back together; that way all the cracks and crevices get coated and rust protected. What is your status now?

StoneMill

Haven't been on here for awhile. Got a lot done in the past few weeks.
Registered and Insured finally. Painting is all complete except for touch ups on some bolts and here and there on the underside. Replaced the rad hose behind the oil filters. Why I didn't do it when I had everything apart I do not know. I replaced all but that one.
Got to drive a good bit today. Found a fuel leak at the primary filter, but I think it is an easy fix. Truck ran great, temp stayed good, great oil pressure, just the usual sounds that I'll get used to. The exhaust is loud with no top. Hopefully I'll get the soft top and troop seats done here soon. Herculined the entire bed and bedsides a few weeks ago. Came out great.
Some quick pics with my phone to follow. Better ones next week.

StoneMill

Here are a few quick pictures from this afternoon. I'm gonna finish a few things up and take some with my wifes camera next week. Still dirty from sitting in my garage being worked on for the past year. The couple rides blew some of the dust off. My friend drove it a couple miles. Took my father in-law for a few miles ride. Both had cheesy grins the whole time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must congratulate you on on the truck, YOU are TRULY a MEMBER OF SS now! Stories like your radiator hose are one of many more to come, The truck is looking awesome and for what its worth I vote for White also! Keep up the great work
KK

frdmdfndr

Wow! That is a great looking truck. I'd like to tear mine down like that (when I get one) but it will be my DD so that will pose another level of difficulty! Very nice work! Congrats...on all your fronts.

R/
Chief Out

StoneMill

Looking through pics on here I think I've decided in white stars. I'll save the black ones for my next truck. It'll be year or more down the road but I'm definitely going to have a bobbed deuce or 5 ton. I feel confident enough to take on bobber project now that I've managed to get this one all back together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks