• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20+ Iraqi M35A3s

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes please. Will you pick me out a nice one?

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a M35A3 today," said J. Wellington Wimpy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What? Our government gives them trucks, and then they come back? What's up with that?

Guess even the Iraqis hate the looks of the A3s.

beaubeau

RE: Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

Hell, I thought they said ,on the news today,WE,THE US of A are sending Brand New Stuff over to the iraquis,{no capital I for lack of Respect},Nothing but the best for Forein Trade!!

M1075

My guess is that they were probably used at NTC for training our soldiers deploying to Iraq.

wadereg

WHEN, WHERE, HOW? LET ME KNOW, ILL JUMP ON ONE. AFTER REPEATED BEATINGS FROM MY WIFE I THINK I CAN TAKE SOME MORE PUNISHMENT FOR MY INSUBORDINATE ACTIONS SUCH AS; REPEATEDLY BUYING LARGE DEPRECIATING OBJECTS THAT SERVE ABSOLUTELY NO PURPUSE AND DRINK ENTIELY TO MUCH GAS!

M1075

wadereg said:
WHEN, WHERE, HOW? LET ME KNOW, ILL JUMP ON ONE. AFTER REPEATED BEATINGS FROM MY WIFE I THINK I CAN TAKE SOME MORE PUNISHMENT FOR MY INSUBORDINATE ACTIONS SUCH AS; REPEATEDLY BUYING LARGE DEPRECIATING OBJECTS THAT SERVE ABSOLUTELY NO PURPUSE AND DRINK ENTIELY TO MUCH GAS!
:beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Uhhhh- not sure if people are just joshing or not but these trucks were not used in Iraq. They were used for training at Ft Irwin. The military has brought some Iraqis over to help train American troops prior to deployment. Realism is trying to be brought to the maximum extent possible right down to the signs on the back of the HMMWV's saying stay back or we will shoot.

gunhog11

Don't know why no one likes the A3s, they're good looking trucks IMHO. A little much on the bling with all the options, but neat nonetheless.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

steelsoldiers said:
Yes please. Will you pick me out a nice one?

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a M35A3 today," said J. Wellington Wimpy.
Whoa! Chris! Are you old enough to recall/recite classic lines from old Popeye cartoons? That's going back a ways!

Separate note:

Just before I/we left Iraq in early '05, I saw many convoys coming north with one-color, tan M35A2s that looked factory new. They were sweet looking trucks. They did not have any markings or flags on them, but were for the Iraqi National Guard. I did not see any A3s, but that's not to say they weren't coming later. I often wonder if the future of many retiring M35s isn't Iraq. I understand they need vehicles. BAD! I also understand that we need to help equip them. I just hate to think that our ability to have the truck on hand here in abundance may change one day. I like knowing that there are plenty available, and will be for a long time.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MMMMM. I'm real close to these...for a change. Do ya think my wifie will still love me?