• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20+ Iraqi M35A3s

EdMontana

Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

steelsoldiers said:
Yes please. Will you pick me out a nice one?

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a M35A3 today," said J. Wellington Wimpy.

I can see the day that we will have a place for the A3's here...will be nice have others, the truck is really nice....... yeah, I would get another one!!

BTW, Anyone know where I can get those tires? did not had time yet to search for them....would like have some spares, look like the split rim is not difficult to change them....the CTIS system require some plumbing when you do it but nothing major, I contacted the CTIS company and the President of the company called me back and gave a few tips...really nice guy.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

oifvet said:
steelsoldiers said:

Whoa! Chris! Are you old enough to recall/recite classic lines from old Popeye cartoons? That's going back a ways!
I'm glad somebody caught that!! I was a huge Popeye fan as a kid in the 70's.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

Very cool truck Ed! I'm glad someone from SS managed to save one. I'm sure there will be others here soon enough.

Call Berg Tires or John Winslow for your 14.50R20 XL's.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

Hopefully I will be headed to Barstow On Thursday to pick up my new duece (paid in full invoice came in today). I will try and take a look at them if anyone is really serious about getting one, shoot me a PM. I have heard stories of the Head GL guy not letting people look at the other trucks.

emr

wadereg said:
WHAT SIZE RIMS AND TIRES DOES THAT BEAST HAVE ON IT. THEY LOOK COOL AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TIRES.

There the one U were looking for in the other post, so U will get a complete kit!!! Any MV is a GOOD MV! Randy

Re: RE: Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

Djfreema said:
Hopefully I will be headed to Barstow On Thursday to pick up my new duece (paid in full invoice came in today).
Devin!!
Ya got another Deuce? Man I knew you would start Jones'n after you sold yours.

Would you mind a ride along out there if I can get away? I wouldn't mind looking at those A3's if the guy would let us. Or, I could drive you out there if you are picking up your Deuce and want to drive it back.

ygmir

i want one.
are you bidding?
I wonder how much?
I'm in northern CA, not to far........
thanks,
Henry

EdMontana

steelsoldiers said:
Very cool truck Ed! I'm glad someone from SS managed to save one. I'm sure there will be others here soon enough.

Call Berg Tires or John Winslow for your 14.50R20 XL's.
Thanks for the tip Chris, got two tires, 95~100% I was told...$371 shipped...not bad for 300 lbs of tires...about $1.23 per lb :lol:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

I will be heading there next Thursday the 24th for sure, couldnt get off work this week. I was there about 4 or 5 months back and there were 3 A3's painted with an arctic type camo, dont know if they are still there, never saw them on GL but they were in good shape. Ether squirters worked, batteries had juice but I didnt try and start them. Gary I sent you a PM. Will, wanna go?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 20+ Iraqi M35A3s

hey Edmontana
did you already order your tires? say we got a truck getting some from there here in a few days, and will be going threw cleveland TN on the way back.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

WillWagner said:
MMMMM. I'm real close to these...for a change. Do ya think my wifie will still love me?
hahahaha

Hey Will,

Let's go have a look at those...I'm thinkin' roadtrip.
DJ,

I'm outta town that week otherwise I'd meet ya there.

tsmall07

steelsoldiers said:
oifvet said:
steelsoldiers said:

Whoa! Chris! Are you old enough to recall/recite classic lines from old Popeye cartoons? That's going back a ways!
I'm glad somebody caught that!! I was a huge Popeye fan as a kid in the 70's.
I'm 22 and I got it. I thought everyone knew the old Popeye cartoons... :shock:

What are the differences between these A3s besides CTIS and the tires/wheels? Why do people not like them?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What are the differences between these A3s besides CTIS and the tires/wheels? Why do people not like them?
A3's have Cat engines and automatics. In order to fit them in the Reo frame/engine compartment, they had to hack up the hood and raise it in the front. The Cat also requires a much bigger radiator than the multi, this necessitated moving the headlights out onto the fenders.

Most folks think they are really....ugly.

Me personally, I don't like automatics.

wadereg

OK...I NEED INFORMATION TO CONTACT THESE PEOPLE, ALL THIS TALKING HAS GOT ME EXCITED AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE A CHANCE TO TAKE ONE HOME "FOR MY WIFE" TO PLAY WITH, I HAVE TO SAY THAT OR I DONT GET MY MONEY. I DONT MIND AUTOMATIC...MAKES IT EASIER TO EAT MY DONUTS AND DRINK MY COFFEE.