• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 mile road trip in an FMTV

Recce01

It takes 45mins to 1 hour to change a flat. Thats normal time even when i have blowouts. Thats pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
It didn’t feel good LOL...

any quick intel on fuel tank breathers? Got tank under pretty hardcore vaccuum, may be causing a misfire kind of feeling.

Recce01

I am too tired to type tonight, but I will say I am past OKC, hiding in a lot getting some rest. I’ll catch you up tomorrow!

47398C21-FA10-4B66-8BDB-18B1CD9BADC0.jpg

As always, thanks for everything!

Recce01

An update:
I just landed in Amarillo. I did a solid 4.5 hours driving at between 47 and 52 mph. For the gentleman who has asked a few times now, and I have been ignoring, I am getting 6.875 miles per gallon. To be honest, I haven’t been paying attention until today. That is a good number, only 1 stop, all freeway driving.

I was surprised to see the temps at this stop though....
front diff 150
int diff 219
rear diff 145

front hubs 110
int hubs 125
rear hubs 105

trans 175
transfercase 185

I figured it would get to operating temp and stay there. To be fair ambient is about 70 degrees. It is about 85 degrees in the cab with windows down.

The truck did did not want to shut off with the main switch, shut down on 3rd flip.

I am going to let her rest for a few before getting back on the road.

Almost half way!!

As always, thanks for all your help!!!!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL I didn't know! Our friend with a 1078 said he gets like 12!
I think he's mistaken. Even the manual states that the 58 gallon tank of fuel is designed to give it an operating range of 300 miles. So they were only expecting us to get a little over 5 MPG.