• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

devilman96

Mike. you have room to take my tent since Me and my Chili-Mac have been banned from the property?
Ya think yer gettin off so easy??? I think not!!! LOL

Sorry Clint... no "Lodging" is avaliable for this one... No worries... I'll get ya more than half a plate to eat yer steak off of LMAO!

GunTruckBuilder

Hmmm, sunny Florida in February? Ok, I'm in provided the interstates through Montana and Wyoming aren't closed due to blizzard.

I will be arriving in my 2008 F-450 with a slide in camper in the back. Towing a trailer with my FC 150 on it. If the 53 Powerwagon gets done in time I will bring that as well. Perhaps I can send that new fangled twin turbo 6.4 liter diesel to an early grave. Neither are MV's but the M54 would require a serious injection of motivation (which the owner lacks) to be done in time.

If anyone is interested in kicking off the festivities a few days early we could meet on the 17th for the 50th running of the Daytona 500. Using my industry connections I could get a small group (40 to 50 tops) in at no charge. We would be very, very trackside. Like the garage and the pits. If interested post here.

Mr. Devilman96, if the above offer interferes with your plans or you don't like it for some reason feel free to delete that part of the post. I would not want to step on your toes.

vinny-socom1

If anybody is interested I live about 1hr north of the Rally. So if anyone needs to stretch there legs or grab a cold drink then Convoy down together. I live about 4 miles from I-75 X341.

Vinny

sak00

I'm planning on going too! I'm just off I-75 and SR 50.(the cut over for Clermont) I too, have a place to park, for some early arrivers if needed.

citizensoldier

Lets see maybe I should start packing now..
Snake boots
Aligator protection/ 44 mag
trigger finger and load of weapons.. Hope I dont get pulled over on the way
maple syrup
tentage
shit paper
sun block SPF 900
gloves for handling Kenny's winch cable
soap, dont use it but it looks good
something to drive in that Sypris swomp.. maybe a Pinz,, or Mog, or well not much else would make it..
Money for OD iron parts
brush up on my Spanish
ladder for picking oranges

Yahoo.. sounds like a good time this winter.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since I am back among the ranks of the gainfully employed and financial disenfranchisement has been staved off I plan on being there. :jumpin:

We should make plans to link up at various points and convoy in together on a specified day if possible. :idea:

I lothe I-75 and will prob not get on it until Valdosta. My tolerence for knuckle dragging, mouth breathers between Hotlanta and the state line is limited. :roll:

You can prob count on Freight Train too. The boy is like a good hound dog, you crank up the truck and he is there wagging his tail ready to go. rofl

I will be bringing all the necessary ingredients to make real southern sweet tea, a treat that for some reason is rarely available in Florida. :cookoo:

Maybe Jim will bring the inflatable shelter or let me borrow it.

By the way, just how swampy and buggy is this place. I got skeeter netting and ain't afriad to use it.

Do we need to bring water for hygine and cooking purposes.

This has all the makins of a good time.

GunTruckBuilder

Jus did a little weight checking on my proposed load. The Bigfoot slide in camper comes in at a staggering 4,700 pounds wet! :shock: The trailer large enough to carry both the FC 150 and the Power Wagon weighs 5,200lbs (it's an equipment trailer). The FC 150 is going to tip the scales at close to 3,000 pounds and the Power Wagon will weigh close to 5,000 lbs. That brings a towed weight of 13,200 pounds plus a 4,700 pound slide in camper. Add in some spare parts, tools, clothes, and the like and this will be a serious load for my pick up. It will be interesting to see just how tough that 6.4 diesel is. Seeing as how it's under warranty I plan to "drop the hammer" set the cruise at 80 and see what happens. Looking forward to meeting you fine gentleman.

devilman96

Guys I just edited the main posting again with a Q&A section at the bottom... I will try and keep posting any answers to questions under that so HOPEFULLY people will read it in the beginning...

I also edited the list of names comming... Please post up your intentions!!!

I would also like to post up a parts swap / parts avaliable / parts needed list under the main posting so if anyone needs anything or is unloaded stuff we can keep track of it there... Post it up pr PM me what you have and maybe we can get a swap meet type area set up at the event.

ACE arnt you usually in FL around this time of year? It would be great to have some vendors comming!!!!

jasonjc

Devilman96 wrote
Directions, maps, GPS... Same as last years shing'ding... You can drive or fly... and no... I don't know Knut! +28° 24' 28.41", -81° 51' 49.04"

So you know some one with a C-130 to fly me and my truck in :p

GunTruckBuilder

Thank you for updating the first post with a Q & A. Very informative. I will bring extra fuel for my generator so I will have electricity for the entire event. Have to have the A/C, satellite TV, microwave, and such. Don't want to get too primitive and uncivilized. The two vehicles I'm planning to bring on the trailer are/will be trailer queens. Strictly for show, no four wheeling or mudding. However they are very nice to look at and I'm sure the other participants will appreciate them. If there is to be a trail ride I can drop the landing gear on the camper and use the F-450. It is four wheel drive and has traction tires. Should prove quite adequate. I do have a M38 that I picked up last week but it's not even in the shop yet. Maybe for a rally later on next year I will be able to arrive in an MV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks