• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

Blythewoodjoe

What a bummer. The international home builders show is the weekend before right around the corner and I will probably have a booth at it. I probably can't miss two weeks of work in a row. We'll have to wait and see.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey folks, just bringing this to the top for your edification. Mike has been absent from the ranks here but has been up working on the property. He's putting a lot of effort into the event and I hope you guys that can show up, do! It's going to be a hoot for sure. All you really need to bring is a bag and ground cover such asa an air matress, ask Gimp, he knows. We are going to go up a few weeks in advance and erect the GP Mediums so maybe with a couple of pics, we can bait a few more attendees. If you're like me and love that canvas smell, the GP is your best place to hang out. If the thought of that stinking canvas is making you gag, the other GP is your best place to hang out. C'mon folks, belly up and commit to this great event.

devilman96

Hey guys... Sorry for being MIA for so long!!! The day job has had me on a construction project for a while and I’m lagging and lacking in about every other area in my life. However... Yes I’ve been working on the property quite a lot on just about every free weekend in the past 2 months... I’ve cleared out a lot more camping space and am in the process of firing up the track hoe on my next trip up in two weeks for a little earth work and the likes.

I’ve already got signs in the works... Volunteers nailed down (one or two more wouldn’t be a bad thing) but still have a ton of organization to hammer out before hand...

AJG your covered for tickets... I will have a list of prepaid members at the event...

And speaking of... Guys it REALLY helps out if you do pre pay for this as I am handing out money for the event costs every other week to help pay for everything in advance. If I waited up until the event its self I could never cover it all at once so your payments and even donations are GREALY appreciated. I am personally trying to cover everything as well as using the store to help fund this as much as possible but when it comes down to it... It’s downright EXPENSIVE to pull off!!! None the less I want to make this the premiere yearly SS event and I know I have some stiff competition in doing so! The hobby and the companionship of the members here and elsewhere in the MV community make it worthwhile!

I am really looking forward to this year’s gathering and I hope everyone will make their best effort to get there and enjoy the fun!!!!

citizensoldier

Thanks.. Payment sent and even ordered a couple dodads.. See you there I hope.. Only thing that could screw it up would be the sap run and some warm weather here.. With it being the end of the world and global warming one never knows..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
How many tents do you expect to set up for this event? I hope the one Clinto so kindly brought south for Kenny will be a good addition to them and I am hoping on bringing my tent down for 2009.

devilman96

David I have that very tent sitting here at my shop with a newly purchased pole set which I refinished in oil... and two newly built crates one for the tent and the other for the poles to keep them all safe and stored properly.

Kenny and I plan on setting up both GP Medums some time in the next few weeks to get them up and crossed off the "things to do" list...

Three GP Med's in 2009 would be a riot to see!!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good to see you have some time to catch up on the boards! Wish I could make it to the rally, didn't really get to talk at all at the Ga rally. Just too much to take in-in one weekend. I'll catch up with you sooner or later. Tilt one or two for me. 8)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I hope the tent was in good shape I accquired a few of them and I did not get a chance to fully check that one out before Aberdeen. I would be down to help if I could but that is out of the question. Thanks for all you do for all of us Steel Soldiers. I really want to see your tricked out truck someday too.

Alredneck

Banned
Ok so if you can fly in is there a landing strip on the property?
I,ll be in the airplane with the duece sling loaded underneath! :D
Does anyone know how to air drop a duece? Thatll be SWEETTTT!!!!

Just pickn hmmm I will know by the end of jan if i can get away from school or not.
Man i got to get some tires quick Hope Santas nice this year.

Recovery will you be wanting your t-case before then or not! I have sent a few pms!
Freight Train and Ferro have my number!

I like the idea of meeting up and convoying the way down so my southern brothers come up with a route and time frame and hopefully i will be able to jump in there.

Who's assigned recovery duty? Santa ive been real good so a m819 wrecker in my stocking would be NICE! :twisted:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, I had recovery duty last year!! I did get the one PM before you left and apologize for not getting back to you. Not seen any PMs since. I'll get on the horn Saturday and get with you. I'm in no hurry for the t-case but I'm concerned with it being in your way. The rally will be a hoot for sure.

pinzpirate

!fla rally

I was told that devilman needed RSVP's and the ten dollars per head; how I
do I contact him and forward the funds? We are planning to have more
Pinzgauers than last year at the Fla. rally!

Pinzpirate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks