• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Edmond, OK 4th of July Parade

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as of this morning I am truckless. The 715 is on the fritz and the others have gone to Texas. I guess I could drive the Fire Truck.

The invitation has gone out on several occasions. Very few responses.

M813A1

Alright Joe going to bring Big Red !! Hey you might think about transferring the siren to Big Red from the M715 ??? might be a Good idea ??

Prerunner1982

I'm in with the M915A1 and can provide another MV to anyone who wants to drive/participate!
Where in OKC are you? I am available to drive.

Well I can make it, question is; would it be better to bring my bobbed truck (it's gray, not green) or see if I can borrow a green truck from M1075?
Mike....glad to see you are on here. I have seen you around town a couple of times. Good looking truck you have.

Any of you Edmond/OKC guys know of a member that lives in far NW OKC (Waterloo west of Portland)? Just curious as there is what appears to be a bobbed deuce behind a nice shop... just curious to know if he is a member. If not perhaps some of the Edmond guys should roll up there and invite him.

StreetbikeDepot

Cool! I thought I'd throw this out there since the OK guys are watchng this thread........

.....Me and Jeff are thinking of going to the GA rally OCT, anyone else interested in going? There are enough 915's around to trailer all the stuff up and still run some decent speeds on the highway. We're thinking about taking the Jeeps and doing some wheeling while we are there.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank everyone that turned out today. Since the 715 was down and the fire truck wouldn't start this morning, I rode along in the M915. Talk about a sweet ride.

Hopefully M1075 will post a picture of our 1st place trophy and the $50 check.

Couldn't have done it witout each one of you. :beer:

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey James, did you pocket the $50 or what? Let's see the proof.......:cool:

Happyland1410

Great job guys! It looks like it was a great parade. I wish I could have made it.

Thanks for the pictures!

I did get to give 7 people rides in my deuce last night when we had some friends over to celebrate Independence Day. You should have seen the 9 and 11 year old boys light up when offered a ride. Just doing my part to infect others with the OD disease :mrgreen:

Prerunner1982

Here are pictures of the other military vehicles in the parade. I asked my wife why she didn't get any pictures of the trucks in our group. She said she was too busy trying to get pictures of our daughter, having a blast. I thought that was a good reason so I let it slide.

However the ambulance and the FMTV are members of my unit....

Attachments

Tackettr

I really want to thank M1075 for cleaning his tires this year and the extra effort he put into his 915! It was a major factor to us capturing 1st place this year!! rofl

All kidding aside his rig looked great and was very impressive to see!!!

Maybe with this $50 and our $200 from Christmas we can afford some new banners. Warthog's have served well!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks