• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

Westech

CPL
like I told you a couple weeks ago in person... Stretch you got one shot at camper parking. after that it is where it is. The mud in the camping area.. yet funny when people canned over.. was a pita lol

Will be traveling Ind. route 1 from Lawerenceburg to Brookville to hwy 52 west anyone south of ohio river is welcome to convoy with us and no Junkyard i wont be a land train this year duece and m105a2 and maybe m8185 and m105a2 plus a boat load of parts too:p

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YEAH, a guy named Eric! See you there!

:beer:
I'm working on it. My youngest is graduating from high school the Saturday before so I might be able to cruise on down. The only thing that may interfere is his Eagle Scout Court of Honor which hasn't been scheduled yet.

hdexpert

I know some gatherings also have swap meets but not Haspin. Maybe we should start a swap since it's getting to be a good size event. Chime in with pro's and cons. I have a bunch of stuff to bring. Tools, storage cabinets, beveredge coolers, ect.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin has always been a part exchange, and usually people bring things to sell. It's just a word of mouth(or internet) thing. There has been talk in the past of having vendors.

Dennis

dittle

So I was told there are bonfires there at night. I was able to source some scrap 6x6 and 4x4 boards for firewood. I have an entire pickup bed full of wood cut that I'll be brining along.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, there were two different campfires last year.

Bring all the wood you want to burn.

steve

Cigarjoe

Yep, there were two different campfires last year.

Bring all the wood you want to burn.

steve
If you bring wood don't get caught taking it across state or county lines in Indiana there will be heavy heavy fines. The only wood you are aloud to cross state or county lines with is store bought wood still bundled in the store packaging. Camp grounds and places that would have camp fires are supposed to report anyone doing this. This is all because of some kind of Ash Bore or something. Do what you want I am just warning of what could happen and to beware.

Last edited:

Billy Bobbed

:ditto:on that.
If you bring wood don't get caught taking it across state or county lines in Indiana there will be heavy heavy fines. I only wood you are aloud to cross state or county lines with is store bought wood still bundled in the store pack. Camp grounds and places that would have camp fires are supposed to report anyone doing this. This is all because of some kind of Ash Bore or something. Do what you want I am just warning of what could happen and to beware.

B3.3T

The Ash Bore is serious business. Really. They are not kidding about getting caught and fined.

Westech

CPL
look at the fisrt couple pages of this post.. it states the dates. But again the dates are June 10th to the 13th. My self, Dittle, poof will be there on the 9th late afternoon.

dittle

If you bring wood don't get caught taking it across state or county lines in Indiana there will be heavy heavy fines. I only wood you are aloud to cross state or county lines with is store bought wood still bundled in the store pack. Camp grounds and places that would have camp fires are supposed to report anyone doing this. This is all because of some kind of Ash Bore or something. Do what you want I am just warning of what could happen and to beware.
Well that just means I just stocked up on the supply for my firepit in my backyard then. Willing to bet the ash borer doesn't live in 6x6 boards though.