• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Dayton MVPA Convention Swap, Bringing

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been cleaning the shop. Here is what I am bringing.

Lots of misc deuce sheet metal -
grille,
stone guard,
exhaust tip and heat shield (turbo type) ,
muffler and exhaust pipe (non-turbo type)
L-brackets for battery box / fuel tank?
sheet metal covers for transmission/transfer case (cab floor)
steering wheel,
headlight doors? (metal panel that headlight attaches to)
hood side panels
mud flaps
pioneer tool rack
cargo bow corners
(all of these pieces are used, but servicable, varying condition, price is very CHEAP - $1 to $10 each)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tan Vinyl Cargo Cover for M35 Deuce Cargo. Integrated front and rear end curtains. Used but good condition. A few stains. Missing clips for roll up sides. New SUPER ROPE tie downs. $225
NOS 5-ton Master Cylinder $75
5-ton Air Pack (brake booster) Rebuild Kit NEW $70
Insert cans for merrmites $1
exhaust elbow (post turbo) NEW $5
exhaust flex pipe section (post turbo) NEW $5

I will be bringing my 1/2" and 3/4" stencil machines. I will produce made to order oilboard stencils on site. I can do the standard stuff such as "TP 50" or "CHECK BATTERIES DAILY", but can also do specialized stencils such as your name "SGT. ROCK", or your truck number "D-22", "HQ-1", etc. The truck number example is great for identifying your pioneer tool handles, chock blocks, tool boxes, ammo cans, etc.

Attachments

Cav Trooper

I have an M37 front bumper with shackle brackets (no shackles) and mounting brackets. Asking $50 bucks. I will bring to the convention if someone is interested. Bumper is not perfect but not rusted and straight. I've been looking on the convention sight and am comfused as to when we are supposed to bring a vehicle for display only. Anyone decifer the schedule?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It really doesn't say when for inside 8pm Wed for judged, If it is outside Outside vehicles in the display and vendor areas may be driven in and out daily, but must remain in place
during show hours. No vehicle movement during show hours. Maybe one of the hosts can give us better info?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Well due to having to grab my lots at lockbourne, I will be in the area on the 5th...... I plan to hit the show at about noon or so and stay through the rest of the day Friday......... Hope I get to hang out with you guys there........ Mwmules, I would like a few of those medical chests if any are still available (and I have to look, but I think I might have an m880 b/o harness in my last parts trailer thats still here in NJ-- no guarantees though)........

Ziggy

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello again,

One more thing...... I still have a pretty decent pile of parts still sitting in my garage and I am willing to bring stuff if people want it.......

NOS M109/M146/M185 window screens --- 125 per set of 6
3ea. 5-ton plastic battery boxes t/o --- 20 ea.
2ea. spare rim and tire for the m172 lowboy, t/o ----- 75 ea.
1ea. rim and spare for the 4 wheel bolster trailer, NOS rim, new tire --- 125
1ea. 1967 M416 1/4 ton trailer, straight, clean, rot free, drains intact, early style taillights, comes with NJ notarized bill of sale ---- asking 1000

I will only bring this stuff if anyone commits to it...... I will be leaving about midday Thursday from NJ to head out to OH..........

Ziggy

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey Jeff, if we can find some girls to sit at our spots, I bet that parachute will expand from all the hot air!

(J/K ladies!)

I wonder if we bring a blower fan if it would help expand the chute.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey Jeff, if we can find some girls to sit at our spots, I bet that parachute will expand from all the hot air!

(J/K ladies!)

I wonder if we bring a blower fan if it would help expand the chute.

Be careful on what you wish for Gimpy!

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that we always talk about getting to meet more steel soldiers when we are out at these events. I have an idea about taking the name tag idea one step further.

I have printed out my screen name and avatar from the site. The orange lettering and OD background are unmistakably recognizable as Steel Soldiers. Feel free to copy me. It may spark some conversation if you recognize someone's avatar or screen name.

I will place this in one of the plastic nametag holders and stick it on my shirt along with my MVPA vendor badge.

Attachments

67Beast

Trucks and trailers are loaded and we'll be headed out in the morning. I figure we ought to roll into Dayton around 3:00 pm. Looking forward to meeting as many members as possible.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hey, I was going to mention that to my next door neighbor but I see you asked about tow bar feet so I won't.

;-)

AWheelsOhio

I am trying to sell off some stuff

I was unfortunately unable to get my truck ready to bring it with me but my warehouse is in Columbus only about an hr or so away from Dayton so if your going to the show you might as well save some money.

I have the following stuff i am trying to get rid of

M35A3 20x10 Brand New 2 piece wheels
M35A3 Nuts for the 2 piece wheels

Hummer Wheels 12 bolts 3850lbs capacity
various other hummer wheel components (valves, etc)

Everything is brand new and just been sitting around in my warehouse.

I will be in Dayton for the show with some of the nuts and bolts trying to get rid of what i can fit in my car.

I am accepting offers and really not interested in a trade at this time because i am moving soon.

Also which day does the show start Wednesday or Thursday??

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starts tonight with move in for vendors. Swap meet and show open Wed at 12 noon.

71DirtyDeuce

So I am not a MVPA member and I am not "showing" a vehicle but I would like to take the deuce for kicks and what not. I work very close to Nutter Center and wanted to stop in and out over the next few days. IS there any sort of pass for all days? Or am I going to have to pay 8 bucks everyday? Does anybody know or have any insight? Will there be an area for people who have military vehicles just to pull in and park?

Last edited: