• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Findlay Show...After Action Report!

AGE|kshaufl

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a great time.

Would have been nice to put names to faces. Maybe next time I won't have to work.

Did someone say beer? I'll have to definitely make the next one.:beer:

I'll bring some home brew with my CO2 system. It'll be a big hit!

gunboy1656

What was that last pic in group 1, the bazooka rocket bracket? Never seen that before, is that a custom item that the owner made for his display, or is it a rarity that we've never heard of?
I don't recall the name of it, and can't locate the full pic of it. Basically it fires a theater based atomic mortar round (or something like that). Not to many people have restored one of those.

Imagine firing one of those off, they don't shoot very far.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone get a pic of Amy wearing her camo harness?

Yessir!!!

Also, I have sets of padlocks left over that i'm offering at the special Findlay Show pricing for a limited time. See the classifieds.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for a really great time . Y'all forgot Tbanks and poppiecom was there too. it was good to see the Michigan detacthment hahahaha hope y'all can make Haspin I will leave out early wensday morning and get our spot reserved . Also attennding were Cigarjoe,Bob R nice to meet and put faces with names and THANKS TO ALL who came out and supported the SS venders booth thanks to Kipman for feeding us ans DHWIFE i am glad you brought extra pants i was only doin what DH told me too . HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE WE DO BELLY FLOPPS INC.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're home.

Yup, it was fun.

Need rest...

Mucho Gracias to all.

Rainman

Thanks for the bean soup Kip! Always a pleasure getting together. Seems I heard part of the 1AM Bowling Tournament and the 4AM static broadcast. Next time the meals on me. See you at the Mid-Ohio Annual Pizza Convoy.
Rainman

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only made it up for the afternoon on Friday, but had a great time as well. I managed to do a lot of buying AND selling in a short amount of time.

It was nice to see the usual gang, and meet a few new folks also.

• Bob (skytroop) - Thanks for the heavy duty leather gloves.
  • Eric (319) - Thanks for the Vise. (did you sell that carpenter set? I wanted to take a look at it, but ran out of time)
  • Krall - Thanks for the assorted webbing straps.
  • Stretch / Gimp - Thanks for the hood.
  • Westy - Thanks for the ip oil lines
  • Eric (DH) Thanks for buying the airpak for your buddy.
  • Jeffy (Farmall) - Thanks for buying the knuckle boots and your connection on selling the wheel cylinders.
  • Mike (hdmax) - Thanks for the commitment on the wheels.
I hope to see y'all at Haspin next month.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was a huge time ( even though I only got to come for Sat):roll:
Gonna try and drive my own truck up for Haspin ( tbanks is a stick in the mud when it comes to socializin and such!!!!) and I wanna soak some suds,smell a campfire and get to know more
of the crew. Glad to get to meet all of the SS guys and gals in attendance , good folks all I believe !!! Thanks popacom [thumbzup]

P.S. Kip .........everytime I see the avatar photo of you and the Bros.,.............I ask myself........wonder if they used to have milk delivered in the old days at your house? LOLrofl
Good seein ya man!!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall the name of it, and can't locate the full pic of it. Basically it fires a theater based atomic mortar round (or something like that). Not to many people have restored one of those.

Imagine firing one of those off, they don't shoot very far.
That would be the M38A1D Davy Crockett launcher you're thinking of.

BUT

the rounds in the picture are 100% for sure 3.5" bazooka rockets. I am wondering if the bracket that is holding them is unique to the nuclear launcher, or to the bazooka rockets....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks