• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimma

Well you can bring a little or a lot. Depending on you sleeping arrangements. You can camp or rent a cabin with heat, water, shower and a toilet or you can rough it a little. Some of the guys have a food trailer set up so you can purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner very reasonably or you can do something on your own. Durhamtown also has a restuarant you can eat at. I would suggest a cooler, chairs, extra clothing, snacks, drinks, firwood for the campfire and anything you want to sell or trade.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Count me in!!!! Gonna be my first and I cant hardly WAIT!!! [thumbzup][thumbzup] OK, heres a stupid question maybe? What do us "new" guys need to bring? Food, supplies, bunks, kitchen sink etc? Enough to help supply for others? Do you guys need me to bring anything for the group? What can I do to help? I have talked my Ole' lady into coming but have left out many of the "key" details and filled them under "need to know basis". Especially the menu, which I cant wait for!!!!
There will be food avalible at a good price. I wouldent recomend kissing the cook though:mrgreen: there is plenty to do to help.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Count me in!!!! Gonna be my first and I cant hardly WAIT!!! [thumbzup][thumbzup] OK, heres a stupid question maybe? What do us "new" guys need to bring? Food, supplies, bunks, kitchen sink etc? Enough to help supply for others? Do you guys need me to bring anything for the group? What can I do to help? I have talked my Ole' lady into coming but have left out many of the "key" details and filled them under "need to know basis". Especially the menu, which I cant wait for!!!!
We look forward to meeting you!

Food, supplies, bunks, kitchen sinks and other materials you should bring are discussed in detail in the 2010 info thread (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/53347-official-2010-ss-ga-rally-info-thread.html). As we get closer, a 2011 thread will appear. Here in the next few weeks, the official rally website should get some updates for the 2011 event (Coming Soon!).

Short answer:
Food: You only need to bring enough food to feed yourself and whoever is coming with you, or enough money to pay for meals at the MKT or the Durhamtown Cafe. If you would like to make something (like desserts) and donate it to the MKT staff for them to hand out with meals, of course the rally attendees would greatly appreciate it. If you have a way to supply large amounts of meat/poultry/etc., PM me and I will put you in contact with our MKT crew.
Supplies: The usual rally/camping stuff: Sunblock, hats, sunglasses, gloves, several changes of clothes, sweaters/coats, etc.
Bunks: You can sleep in your truck, bring a tent or rent a cabin or an RV, or bring your own RV. Plan accordingly.
Kitchen sinks: I think we are going to have some hand washing facilities this year.

Anything to bring to help the group:

We are currently in need of a high quality public address system, so that announcements can be made and heard all over the field (example: "Lunch being served in 10 minutes", "Next trail ride departs in 15 minutes").

If you can bring firewood it would be helpful. Any small amount helps, we like a BIG campfire.

I can't think of anything else right now.

C

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Briing what you need to be comfy. For a pittance you can eat at the MKT run by SCSG-G4 and Wreckerman893. Eatins are good too. Wanna camp, bring your stuff. You will have to pay a small fee to the folks at Durhamtown. Want to rent a cabin, you can do that too. Want to ride? Bring a trail rig or MV. Want to ride your ATV or MC? Tons of trails or you can rent one. Durhamtown has a dining facility serving 3 squares a day of you don't want the good stuff at the MKT. The event is what you make of it. Check out the previous threads and enlighten yourself.

Wreckers and folks requesting their service. Please, if you require some heavy lifting, help cover the costs. Bring a jerry can full of diesel, Crown Royal or Barbancourt Haitian Rum but pay these guys in some way. I bring a can of diesel for them every year. You could literally show up with just a shirt on the back and survive, we suggest that you be a little more self sufficient though.

Jimma

Recovery is correct. The people that attend this rally will generally help in any way possible and you could survive on very little. But you will have more fun if you bring suitable supplies, money and the necessities.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I was in a bad wreck before the rally last year but was able to attend and I'm glad i did i could not believe the kind and generous people who attend. even with broken ribs and a hernia i had a great time. the folks were great , the food was outstanding and i met a lot of new friends not a bad one in the bunch. i had things given to me for my truck. and got a cupple scaner boxes that im making into firstaid kits. i cant waite for this year.:beer:

zout

Tigger - I hope you bring your jeep as well - that way I can see one the way it us suppose to look like and how bad I screwed up :beer:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
mine is a flat fender it was a m38 but has a cj2a body on it and a m38a1 motor. when i got it from my grandfather the body was rusted to the ground so i put it back together with what i was able to get my hands on at the time. i rebuilt it as a medic jeep. it ant military correct but i love it anyway. and just my opinion you are doing a great job on yours . ill bring the photo album of the restore to you cook out . i hope i can make it.

Attachments

Cant wait to come! Im going to be bringing many of my buddies from my unit who have MV's and trail rigs! They are already talking about supplies and parts and what not to bring! As soon as we PCS to Fort benning, we are submitting our 4 day pass forms and will convoy up and come out to the rally! Zout, i noticed you are from Lilburn too! thats pretty cool being that lilburn is so tiny! Whereabouts are you? I grew up off Oleander and Lake Lucerne road. Im currently in KY at fort knox right now but I make a lot of trips home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As soon as we PCS to Fort benning, we are submitting our 4 day pass forms and will convoy up and come out to the rally!
Once you get to Benning you need to meet up with Papa Bear and the CAMO crew. They will be convoying up and you could join the crowd if your schedule meshes.

They sometimes need a spare driver so you might get to drive an MV up there.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy moly I am excited. :D

This year's rally is going to rock so hard. I can't wait.

:beer:

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Holy moly I am excited. :D
This year's rally is going to rock so hard. I can't wait.
:beer:

I'm gonna call 100 MVs and 175 folks!:D:D
Camo will provide heavy lift and support as needed.
The Crew is already plotting....er i mean planning how to move stuff up there and back.

I think the GA Rally will be THE EVENT on the "right coast" this year!!:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll probably be there again. Already reserved my cabin. Think I'll drive the M1008 this time.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, we exceeded 75 trucks last year.

And now for 2011...and now, .the envelop that has been hermetrically sealed in a mayonase jar in the basement of Ms. Susan Tutters house since the beginning of time.

I hold the envelop to my head. 100+ trucks. Without opening the envelop, it will be replaced into the mayonase jar and opened at the rally.

See everyone there.

btw, I agree, I can't wait. We need a spring event. National level show and rally in Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks