• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on some signs that will be generic. A set will consist of four double sided signs the size of the recent political yard signs. First one will say "M V", second will say "RALLY", third will say "TURN" and the fourth sign will have a large arrow. Space them about 100 yards apart, with the arrow at the turn itself, and most people will be able to spot them and not miss the turn. For the major routes we will have to put them out both sides of the turn off so folks coming from either direction will be able to spot them.2cents

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What time will BFR be there to unload everyone?
Since Joel has sold his amazing knuckleboom deuce, we do need to make sure that reliable arrangements are made for replacement heavy lift capabilities.

We need at least 2 people wreckers-one as the primary and one as the backup who can commit to bringing their wrecker and it being reliably operational.

I am afraid the rally can not reimburse these individuals for fuel or their operation time, but we will try to thank them in any way we can (prime parking/camping spot, etc.).

Just let me know....... our swap meet (both the "formal" and "informal") is growing and this hobby has a lot of heavy stuff, so we will definitely need some heavy lift capacity.

Thanks fellas.

Rallymaster Clintooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm...let's see...I know some wacky ole fellers with heavy lift capability...including the crane truck thingy:idea::idea:

I also heard they can be paid for their services in Crown Royal and cookies.:smile::smile:

Don't despair RMC (Rally Master Clinto)...we got your back. Might even bring the M816 this year but the boom truck thingy is prolly easier/cheaper.

Oh yeah...and Ron might make it all the way to the rally this year...I hopeaua

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think last year there were 75 Mvs?? Kinda hard to measure body count...fellers were in and out everyday.

Some wacky ole doctor has shown up with an M114 before:cookoo:

3dAngus

Gimp got me there last year with a towbar trade. I was a little shocked at all the goings on. Never seen anything like it and can testify it was remarkable. So muchs so that I can't hardly wait another 10 whole months for the next one.:)

I met a lot of friendly vendors there, so it's a great opportunity to go and buy parts and such without shipping. Also, prior to the meet, a lot of people came online and told what they had avail. or what they needed and there were a lot of great private transactions going on, with people helping people. I did some trading myself, where I got some things I needed without cash trading hands which was hard to come by at the time, and very helpful.

There were a lot of vehicles, and a lot of friendly folks everywhere. It seems like it was big enough and popular enough where a multiyear Spring/Fall event might be possible, and probably, if not for the huge burden of managing it and getting it going. Hats off to Clinto for all his effort and management. He is a great guy and did some fantastic work for the community. Fantastic asset to the community. Thanks!!!!!

Oh, and the Kitchen folks and chili mac, top notch. The entire event just took my breath away. Not kidding. You gotta go and see to believe! Hopefully, I will have my M37 by then and bring it up.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This event sounds like it could be a good time.

How many folks generally show up?

How many MV's?

Tracks?

oddshot
I am obviously biased but I think it's a great rally. We've experienced phenomenal growth in the 4 years we have been an "official" rally. We have always used vehicle count as a way of measuring the rally's size, as a headcount was impossible. Too many people coming and going.

2007: 22 trucks
2008: 27 or 28 trucks (can't remember)
2009: 40 trucks
2010: 75 trucks! This doesn't even count military trailers!
2011: ???????? Is 100 out of the question?

Check out the picture threads from prior years. The pictures speak for themselves.

2010: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/59085-newer-2010-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2009: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/42451-new-2009-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2008: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/26931-2008-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2007: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/14448-offical-ga-ss-rally-multimedia-bs-thread.html

We have had armor at 2 of the rallies I believe....... 2008 and 2010.... I think. We have had an M114 in attendance.

The only thing we haven't had at a Ga. Rally is military aviation assets.... but we're working on it. 8)

3dAngus

THERE WERE BODIES THERE????

:shock::shock:

This DOES sound like a good time.

My birthday is the 20th ... it shouldn't be hard to convince the wife that I NEED to do this.

oddshot
LOL, that's funny. I think all those with wives should tell them they are changing our birthdays to the event days, so we can all attend.
:beer:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Clint, I plan to be there with the 819, also what about the 06 rally count, something about 7 trucks

Jimma

I can't wait till October. I just invited some new guys with trucks that have never been there before. They are excited. This will be an awesome event this year.

zout

PB had to finally come over and ask what I was using as firewood as I obviously did not have a stash of it (some folks brought truckloads of it)
and I had to tell em those brown round big chips laying on the ground fired up really nice once the fire was started with a little gasoline :arrow:

Just had to sit up wind of the smoke and fire:D

PB and the troopers from CAMO were downwind and were recipients of the arouma (need to say I ran my fan to blow that way)

treessw

Count me in!!!! Gonna be my first and I cant hardly WAIT!!! [thumbzup][thumbzup] OK, heres a stupid question maybe? What do us "new" guys need to bring? Food, supplies, bunks, kitchen sink etc? Enough to help supply for others? Do you guys need me to bring anything for the group? What can I do to help? I have talked my Ole' lady into coming but have left out many of the "key" details and filled them under "need to know basis". Especially the menu, which I cant wait for!!!!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I hope to be able to bring my jeep this year. i need to get a rusted part on the frame fixed and a brake job, and hopefully a coat of paint. the local fire dept will be real happy if i get it back together it goes up the fire trails real nice where the nice shiny fire trucks cant go and it beets walking up the side of the mountain. The m35 gasser wont be in attendance for a few years i want to do a nice and safe restore on her, do it right the first time and i will have many years of enjoyment, so i will have to play with my jeep for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks