• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Graves Mountain Virginia Rally - Labor Day Weekend

CGarbee

We've been socializing, and driving already... Hate to hear that some folks are having to drop out who planned on comming (hope you get better real soon D., take care of her Don...). Zoltan made it up from Raleigh about an hour ago...driving his stock M37 all the way.
Thanks to Bob, I now have a well adjusted clutch pedal in the XM708, so I've been working on blowing the soot out of it before taking it on the trails in the morning.

This morning's trailride was 4.3 miles long on the new trails...

About 25 have shown up so far... :)

Looking forward to seeing who arrives tonight/tomorrow.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ugh, offroading out and getting towed back. Well, at least we figured out a problem with it that can be corrected for Cabell, I guess.

Only took a few pics, busy enjoying myself there instead of snapping.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had planned on making it but spent the last 3 days on a chain saw and a chipper taking care of trees that I lost last weekend. No damage to the house but the yard took a hit..

CGarbee

I didn't take many photos (never got out on the trails myself, too much other stuff to take care of during the weekend. I did get tot take the XM708 around the orchard roads and up the highway some though... I've got some silt in the fuel tank so I need to install another filter in-line before the pump, the filter on the pump is a PITA to remove/clean/replace (especially when the gasket swells...). The timing also needs to be advanced a tad...

Thanks to Adam and Angie for following me most of the way home (we parted in Danville so that they could check in on Neil and head straight to Columbia while I headed to Hillsboro and the I40 connection to Raleigh.

We're already talking about next year... The dates will be August 30, 2012-September 3, 2012...

Last edited:

rickf

I have put pictures directly on here before but now I can't do it. What am I missing? I have them on computer and on Photo bucket.

Rick

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,

They can't be over a certain size (800 x 600) to be posted here. Almost every digital camera now in use now records about four times bigger, hence they have to be shrunk to be uploaded.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I only took about a dozen or so, and have already posted the best of that group. Now, last year is a different story! One of them got published!

zout

Well post some of last years pics again :beer:

My wifes saves anniversary cards and birthday cards she gave me and just gives em to me again next year - I never know the difference - except they all say the same thing rofl

rickf

Still working on pictures, some are a little out of focus due to wrong camera settings but I will get the better ones up this evening. Been real busy at work and just crashing when I get home.

Rick

rickf

OK, I have the pictures in my album on here but I don't know how to make them visible in a post from there. Am I going to have to upload them again from the computer directly to the post?

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks