• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin BS/T-shirt thread.

212sparky

in between Dayton and Cincinnati on I75. we used to have touch down Jesus but still have hustler Hollywood. touchdown Jesus was struck by lightning and burned to the ground.

212sparky

I am new to all this, i have had my truck since 9-11-2010 and haspin will be the first rally i will have attended and was wondering what goes on at them and what i should expect to bring. I am planning on having a tent to sleep in. How is food handled? i hear that some people will have kitchens on site. I am trying to see what i will have to budget for this event. Thanks for the information as always!!!!

westechs_wifey

@212.....Haspin is a great event......LOTS of trucks and LOTS of great people .........tons of land to adventure on......yes there are MKTs that some of the guys will use to make food that you can buy for the week or you can bring your own food. There are showers and flushable toilets for our use. Plus this is event is family friendly.

oilcan

I am new to all this, i have had my truck since 9-11-2010 and haspin will be the first rally i will have attended and was wondering what goes on at them and what i should expect to bring. I am planning on having a tent to sleep in. How is food handled? i hear that some people will have kitchens on site. I am trying to see what i will have to budget for this event. Thanks for the information as always!!!!
This is no show n' shine, but we've had a few people bring trucks that never hit the trails. There will be some parts swapping and a few sales happening. Lots of storytelling around the campfires. (the whole time, really)
Camping will be as primitive as tying up a tarp for a tent and as luxurious as an RV decked out with a big screen TV.
Food will be available on site (probably pre-paid) and you can bring your own snacky-cakes for in between, or pack up a cooler for the whole weekend. When you price it all out, it gets close to even, so the kitchen trailer looks like a really nice option.
The trails are pretty varied. If you're worried about beating things up, let someone know and go on the milder runs.
Fuel will probably be your biggest expense.
So the basic expenses would be food, drinks, fuel, shelter/camp supplies, parts-shopping, truck maintenance (pre and post)... What am I missing?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
212 sparky, feel free to join our convoy to Haspin. You can meet me at my house off I71 exit 12. If you are interested. I will PM more info shortly.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya'll need to move this event closer to the spring time...couple of reasons.

It's not so dang hot and humid in early/mid May as it is in late june, and it seems like so many people have cabin fever that they would really love to get out earlier in the season....just a suggestion, I plan on being there either way.

oilcan

And someone's supposed to be putting an ohio rally together. Maybe springtime coould work out for that.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the basic expenses would be food, drinks, fuel, shelter/camp supplies, parts-shopping, truck maintenance (pre and post)... What am I missing?
Ponchos, unbrellas, hip boots, and a wrecker!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks