• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Uwharrie dates are set

wb1895

I'm not sure if any of the trails are big enough for a deuce. I havent been to Uwharrie in several years so I dont really remember the trails.

I am still driving my deuce down at least to sleep in.

MikeBike

As far as I know the forestry service does not want deuces on the trails. anything else is welcome

If anyone knows otherwise please chime in.

I just spoke to Melissa at the Troy rangers office. She asked about wheelbase and # of axles. She confered with another ranger and came back to say," You'll be limited by the width of some trails and tight spots", "the easier trails will be ok though". I asked about 2.5 ton trucks with tandems and modified deuces. She said we'd "be ok on the easy trails". I added that we would be concious of muddy conditions/impact also.
I've ridden dirtbikes, atvs', Rzrs' and jeeps at URE but 'till now never thought about taking a MV there. There are some tight spots even on the easy trails.

Jimma

Can you all provide any details about the event and what to expect and what to bring? Is it anything like the GA SS rally?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Like most rallys are like events but Uwharrie is new and much smaller but growing. Do a search for 2009 (our first year) there should be all the info anybody needs. Adam will post more details soon. You can give me a call if you want. 336-432-0462.

Neil

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jimma
there will not be any vendors there unless they just show up. You and others are welcome to bring items to swap or sell. This is a small rally not nearly as large as the SSGa rally. It would be great if the Uwharrie rally grew to the SSGa rally but this is only our third year . My phone ### is listed in post 26 above if you`d like to call.

Neil

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell,
I doubt my MKT will be ready by then, so if you could bring it that would be great. I'm busy working on Angie's m37, so it will hopefully be ready to bring.

I'll work up a menu soon, unless Cabell wants to handle it this year.

MikeBike

You guys keep in mind that I live less than 30 minutes away from URE in Albemarle. My place is available before, during or after the event for use as a meeting place to convoy in or whatever is needed. If there's anyway I can help, just let me know.

BTW, There has been alot of BigFoot activity lately at URE....

Last edited: