• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

Loco_Hosa

I would suggest towing it somewhere safe, then waiting till your able to rebuild some spending money. There is not a huge hurry to get it home, and you have already tried to do it inexpensively and not been 100% successful.

Like I have said, I hit a streak of terrible luck the same week as buying the truck, and I really did consider selling it, but I am glad I didnt. That said, I continued to try and drive the truck inexpensively and the universe smacked me pretty hard for it.

My brakes went out about 6 mins after getting off of I5. I decided to park my truck till I had the opportunity to correctly do everything on all six brakes.....

Sorry, I went off on a rant about why my truck drove 1200 miles and now sits :(

My point was that its not like it will be mission capable when you get it home. Honestly I would guess from my limited experience that you will need to put a few $100 more into it when you get it home. Why not wait till you have some cash in your pocket to reattempt the recovery to cover incidentals. You have been offered a safe parking space, and you can plan your recovery over the next one month, have someone with towing equipment standing by AND the money to cover their fuel. (and maybe lunch)

Good things come to those who wait, haste makes waist, anticipation makes you fonder, so on....

I hope to see you running strong and smiling at the next rally!

PS: I am still very much learning about these trucks, and I am limited by my funds because Im working towards a house right now. You have tools and parts, I am thrilled to help you install them!

AN/ARC186

Like I said,if Quarkz can pick her up for ya, I'm willing to handle the fees so he can get it out of the yard.

The only thing I ask in return is in the future if you see someone who needs help and you are in a position to do so, please do. that'll make us square.

Stalwart

Let me see how it might work, my wife Jane had the nub left of her recently removed appendix explode and had to be operated on again tonight. Perhaps, I may be able to help with the truck recovery, perhaps not. My truck and trailer can easily carry the truck to western WA all on it's own. It even has a 18,000 lb winch for loading if needed but I can't promise at this point. aua I will try!

Prayers for Jane (SS aka FoxGirl) would be a blessing to us.

Loco_Hosa

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jane.

Stuart and Jane - Good people!
Good people doesnt even begin to describe these awesome folks.

I had an ex that had complications from Appendicitis also. So I have seen first hand how overly suckish that recovery is.

If at any point yall feel that Pizza will make it better, I will happily bring some out. Might even help ya eat it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks