• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Western WA Dec. Rally, Graham, WA

What date works best for the Dec Rally? (Select all availabe dates please)

• Sat, Dec 10th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sun, Dec 11th

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sun, Dec 18th

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • another day (please let me know which one)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wsucougarx

Ok, I'm bringing 6 lbs of smoked turkey, a little smoked pull pork, and some leftover prime rib from tonight. Someone want bring rolls or something?
Wow, this doesn't sound like a mini rally anymore. Sounds like a feast. Can I get a take out? Now I just need to find someone to deliver it to Aberdeen;-)

Firehound

For you folks convoying from the park and ride, when you get down on 7 shortly after it narrows down to 2 lanes, there is a welding shop on the left with a horrific Humvee on dually axles and jacked 6' in the air. A 5 ton with a gun mount alternates with a dice in the driveway... Take a look!

Amer-team

You guys have fun. Last run with the M54, 3 MPG. But that was better than the HEMMET variation I spent time with in the parade this evening. that isn't the reason I am not going, too many pre Christmas wife projects. Got in two green runs today, so used up my limit for the weekend. :(

I will do a regular thread, but it looks like the last Saturday of March, there will be a military show at the Olympic Flight musuem again. If you guys would like to make this a run, she will block off their small front parking lot for MV only parking. I have to talk with the lady at the Museum again and will get an official notice up.

jets1959

Thank you Firehound for hosting a great little mini rally. We need to do this sort of thing more often. I wish my place was big enough. More people could easily come and everyone who did had a good time.:beer::driver:

AaronW

You took that hill like a boss with that truck. I was pretty impressed.
Me too. That was the first significant hill I have climbed with it. I was kind of testing it to see what it could do. I'm very impressed with the seat of the pants feel of power it has. I thought the 250 would be more of a dog. It just stays right at peak power as the auto downshifts. Nice and seamless. I'm sure a heavy load would slow it down! Time to hook up a heavy trailer and test it out. What it lacks in top end, it seems to make up in torque.

Your deuce is no slouch either. I would not be surprised to learn your fuel has been turned up a little.

Firehound

I'd say Jan, but I have a little one due around then so I cant host... I'd love to make this a monthly deal, but I can't commit to Jan... I'd hate to kick y'all out to run to the delivery room!!

Here's the pics I shot:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/firehound4035/Military Vehicles/IMAG0589.jpg

Military Vehicles :: IMAG0588.jpg picture by firehound4035 - Photobucket

And here's that CUCV with a personnel style top... I'm beginning to think bad things about that one for a camper...

Military Vehicles :: IMAG0582.jpg picture by firehound4035 - Photobucket

64c30

Sorry I missed out. Too much Christmas stuff going on. I'd have given Aaron some competition for the one finger steering with "pinky steering" :-D

Anybody interested in a long bed M814 5 ton? Am looking at something else, but don't want to jinx it 'til it's parked outside the house.

scoutmanadam

looks like you guys had a great time, wish there were more members on this side to do some small rallys with. i just dont have the room. i will watch for the next one on your side and try to make it work