• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

eagle4g63

I am definitely going this time, just have to figure out who is actually coming with me. I told the wife she needs to make up her mind soon so I can figure the provisions. I don't mind "ruffing it" with less but she won't:).

Anyway hope to know this week, also looking at the pop up to see what needs done to it this weekend......then to the truck to pull it(removable trailer hitch and a wiring adapter....then change the bulbs to 24 volt ones.....all the fun stuff.

Like I said, if she doesn't go I'm OK with going Tuesday....

rbeasley66

WE will be there early wed till sun. dont forget to order your Hats,and T'shirts. design in the works. OOOOOPS forgot will have the M915 towing the M129a2 and the M435a2 dropside trailer M1010 Monster Mash Bamberlance with the M105 a 2 super camper sheeeeeeewwee maybe the 600 GRIZZ too. Call or drop me a line if ya need anything special.
Doc, you mentioned hats and t-shirts, anything I need to do to get a shirt or two? I don't want to come back to Florida with just Northern mud on my CUCV:?

JCKnife

Guys I have not read this entire thread but I wanted to point out: the bridge across the Ohio River at Madison, IN is currently under construction and limited to 3 tons (strictly enforced, according to signage and locals).

I was thinking of driving the deuce up this year but with that being my most direct route, I probably will not.

Just wanted to make others aware of it--if you were planning on going this way, MAKE OTHER PLANS!

eagle4g63

Is there an "Official" cook going? If so I can bring down a bunch of my fresh eggs(I raise chickens) so all can enjoy.

Also trying to get my hands on a bunch of Gatorade packs so I can have my very large(I believe it is a 10 gallon) Igloo cooler there for anyone to have cold drinks available the whole time. I noticed a lot of kids come with and might be better than pop....also for the big kids to take a break from beer in the mid day heat!!

eagle4g63

Only 12 more days(well officially 13-but I'm going early:jumpin:)

Any one have an answer on the cook thing? I don't want to bring down a mess of eggs(10-12 dozen) and not be able to keep them the whole time if they won't get used.

indy4x4fab

Banned

Any one have an answer on the cook thing? I don't want to bring down a mess of eggs(10-12 dozen) and not be able to keep them the whole time if they won't get used.
Check with rwbrown72 or 802dot1q they where talking about bringing an mkt with them to the rally.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Didn't you watch Doomsday Preppers? Take mineral oil and coat each egg and put them in the carrier. They will keep for 6-9 months without refrigeration.

In a cool dry place.

Now that I think about it, that leaves Haspin out.........

;-)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget tubes!

Went tubing last year on the river, it was a blast. So bring your inner tubes! Figure friday afternoon for a river run?

eagle4g63

I've always wondered about the mineral oil thing:cookoo:.....I know that is how you keep air from entering the shell(which is why they go bad) but still like to keep them cold.

I was also thinking about a tube for the river.....so you guys do a river run aye?

I'll be there with my 3 mini bodyguards...and 3-4 quads...and the M109.

I'm undecided on whether or not to bring the M37 at this point; my boys enjoy riding quads more than riding in the truck these days.

...can't wait to see everyone!

Last edited:

eagle4g63

So I guess the 2 fellas I was referred to for the MKT's have told me that they aren't going to make it.

Since I won't be able to prep that many eggs for everyone......If no one else speaks up, I won't be bringing them.

If ANYONE would like to have some to prep for them selves.....I am more than willing to bring for them as many as they would like.....FREE!!

Just let me know by next weekend.....I'm going down on Tuesday with TM America.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you kidding us? I'm sure as heck glad you aren't coming to Haspin if that's the reason.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks