• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 MTA of No. Jersey Sussex Show

Srjeeper

MTA of No. Jersey Show & Swapmeet ~ April 28th & 29th 2012.

This is the first real show of the season here in the North East and if you've never been to one....you don't know what your missin.!!!!!!!!!!

Check the website MTA* Spring Swap Meet and don't be afraid to ask questions...we'd love to see more folks come out and enjoy a great show at the beautiful Sussex County Fairgrounds.

More Vehicles ~ More Vendors ~ More Display's ~ More to see & do than at almost any other show in this part of the country. :jumpin:

Last edited:

WarrenD

Bill, Are you going to do your Nam display again this year? I'm planning on being there Sat (Sun if Sat rains) and I'd like to hang out for a while like last year. I can bring a few goodies to add to your stuff!:jumpin:

Srjeeper

Bill, Are you going to do your Nam display again this year? I'm planning on being there Sat (Sun if Sat rains) and I'd like to hang out for a while like last year. I can bring a few goodies to add to your stuff!:jumpin:
Sure will Warren..plan is to roll in early Friday morning and start setting up. I've got some new additions of my own this year, plus there's suppose to be other folks and their displays comin for the first time.

You oughta know by now your always welcome at the 541st. display, so gear up and come on down.

As for the weather thing Warren...not to worry this year.

I heard from a reliable source the weather God's needs have been met. In the event that more human sacrifice is needed, Randy Emr, the clubs President, has unknowingly been selected to be the first to go to the Volcano.

We figured that alone should bring a couple thousand more folks if the weather isn't 100% sunshine..rofl

Srjeeper

Ya know your not supposed to tell the sacrifice they are a sacrifice until they reach the edge :whistle: :cookoo:

Sorry Randy, we made an exception in this case. :roll:

FormerNewMVGuy said we'd probably double or triple attendance if we leaked who the sacrifice was gonna be..:popcorn:

I heard from Fran and she's already looking for more parking and once the guy's on G503 read about it....we'll we may need to look into buses from a remote location..aua

I guess your more popular than ya thought...:doh:

:not worthy:

Srjeeper

Bill, it the OP shows 28/29 May. I hope you meant April.
Good catch CARNAC...now ya see why I'm still the oldest PFC for the past 50+ years.:oops:

Hope the Pres. Emr didn't see that or I'll be doin the Volcano Walk with him.....aua

Thank you Sir.!!!!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to a great show. Im sure the weather will be perfect but for some reason if there is a glitch in the weather ..... well sorry Randy its for the show. Im sure you understand.:p

WarrenD

Having been there a few times my own self, I don't rightly recall a volcano on the property. That said, given the weather over the last 6-8 months, I wouldn't be surprized if one "pops up" (wouldn't be surprized to see a swarm of locusts, either!:whistle:)
If it comes to that, I'm all for doing what is needed. Rest assured, Randy, your sacrifice will not go unnoticed. I'll be taking photos so that you will be remembered in MTA history! :popcorn:

m816

Don't forget to mention the trucks. There will be lots of trucks to see. Can't say how many I will be bringing this year but if it is running, I'll be bringing it. and I'm sure Vito will have his fleet there as well. This year,I hope to give the Doyle boys a hand bringing in some stuff from Pa. as well. There has been a lot of talk about more reenactors this year too. I'll also be available to help out at the volcano if a push is needed.

SteveKuhn

"...I don't rightly recall a volcano on the property. ..." WarrenD

Well, it isn't exactly on the property. It's down the road a bit.

"...The old "Beemerville Volcano" in the rural Sussex County township of Wantage now has a house on top. ..." New Jersey running out of Open Space - Page 3

So instead of walking the sacrificee to the mouth of the caldera and pushing him in, I guess you gotta parade him into the bathroom and flush him down the loo.

Steve

Srjeeper

Time out..for..Clarification

I feel the need to both appologize and make something clear here before folks get to expecting something they will not see. :roll:

As Warren pointed out, there is 'No Volcano' at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. The one Steve mentioned is on Private Property and their insurance will not permit human sacrifice during the month of April. Even if it's Randy and it's the clubs best hope for pristine weather. :cookoo:

So all things factored in we decided to go with a shinny new Asplund Wood Chipper we were able to rent for the weekend to use in place of a Volcano. :popcorn:

Vinny and several hundred more members have volunteered to assist in the festivities leading up to the actual sacrafice itself, so it's still a go. :jumpin:

Hope this helps to dispell any confusion I may have caused with my earlier postings. rofl

Thank you all.....see ya at Sussex County Fairgrounds in 40 days..[thumbzup]:whistle:

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

I sorta agree with WarrenD. I wuz thinkin' that after all the filming for Goodfellas and The Sopranos around here in the past couple years, the Asplundh is sorta over done.

Would the Committee consider giving the weather gods a cash offering? We could put a dunking station over the livestock barn manure pile and give 3 balls for a buck. Keeps it all on site, too.

Steve

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK, now for the start of the REAL important stuff:

I have various radio gear inluding 12 series mounts, cots, slave cables (some brand spanking new), racks for 105 and deuce and 5 ton (if I can fit them all), bows for 101/105 and deuce/5ton, riot faceshields for kevlars, some parachute stuff, manuals, various glass and brackets for windshields and side windows, varous vehicle parts, pioneer tools, and some VERY NICE tool kits that are complete and look basically new, grounding rods.

I'll figure out what else I have in the boxes later.

Last edited:

foxtrk2

hello guys been to sussex for four years now just to go there but this year im trying to get my finished 63 dodge contacmaintainance truck to join me if it works out could an old nam vet park along side i was with pipesmoke recovery in nam in 66 67 68 based out of phu loi foxtrk 2

Srjeeper

foxtrk2.....you and everyone else is welcome to set up a display or park your Era correct vehicle/truck in their respective encampment areas.

As your probably aware we usually have the WWII Encampment, to the right of the Fairgrounds Office Building, and the Vietnam Encampment is to the left. That's just behind the rest rooms & shower building in the big open area.

Several folks display just their vehicles with no display and that's fine. However, it is a good idea to not leave small items laying out if your not there to keep an eye on them.

Both these Encampments get very busy both days of the show and it get's hard to watch everything.

Hope to see you & your truck there this year.. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks