• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

M1009 Fiend

Gents,

Looks like ill have to miss a day of work. Im down for a 1:30/2:30 meetup in Victorville.
:driver:

Im a little confused about the final location can we get "a this is the spot" I know we are outside of Bastow but are we going off the 15 or the 58?

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOCATION UPDATE:

OK, guys sorry to change things on you, but a few of you had some concerns about the location we have (this has nothing to do with what was posted on Saturday) 1. was the proximity to nearby houses - even though the nearest house is about 2 miles away when you have a bunch of SS's and noisey trucks together it tends to amplify it just that much and we want to be polite to our neighbors 2. there was not a good backdrop for what are needs are, that not need explanation.
I went out this weekend and did some recon and found a location that is atleast 8 miles from the nearest home, has a good backdrop, is in the same general area and is hidden in the hills. This location is set in stone and will not be changed.

35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps
I look forward to seeing all you guys there. :beer:

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and for the guys that will be traveling from hwy 58 onto Lennox there is a junk yard of MV's on Santa Fe rd. if anyone needs parts we have somewhere to go local. Here are some pics.
Funny thing is the 5 ton in the 2nd pic is exactly like mine and was parked next to it when I won it from GL. Kind of sad to see it there hopefully someone buys it and brings it back to life.

Attachments

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be great to have you guys there. If you do show up I'll treat you to some carne asada and a cold beverage.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey are you gonna throw up some plates/signs for the rest of us to get to you exact location?
NOOOO! No signs, no smoke signals, no arrows drawn in the sand, no NOTHING. It's survival of the fittest if you get lost you will wind up wandering the desert for years, so pack plenty of water. If you can't read a map too bad, you're on your own or I guess I can put up some signs pointing the way. :razz:

M1009 Fiend

NOOOO! No signs, no smoke signals, no arrows drawn in the sand, no NOTHING. It's survival of the fittest if you get lost you will wind up wandering the desert for years, so pack plenty of water. If you can't read a map too bad, you're on your own or I guess I can put up some signs pointing the way. :razz:
HAHA Hey I love a challenge, I let my Co. Pilot drive and recon on my bike. Well i may do that any way..

It seems fairly strait forward to get there. But i remember dirtbag last year took a little while to find in the dark. :tin hat:

So either way!

Gripy

Well, I am able to go. Will be leaving friday from LA around noon. Anybody still interested in meeting up in victorville around 1400 and convoying up to the site?

Have we agreed upon a CB channel (ch.25 was suggested earlier) and a freq. for the Hammies?

M1009 Fiend

Well, I am able to go. Will be leaving friday from LA around noon. Anybody still interested in meeting up in victorville around 1400 and convoying up to the site?

Have we agreed upon a CB channel (ch.25 was suggested earlier) and a freq. for the Hammies?
Yes Sir, I have a couple guys meeting at the pilot station RIGHT AROUND THAT TIME. :razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks