• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

gungearz

How's this... I can have my wife make a pot of our family's homemade spaghetti sauce before we head out.... ? Just need to cook some noodles and figure a way to cook garlic bread.... Faster, cleaner, cheaper and even tastes better then dogs and burgers....

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

How's this... I can have my wife make a pot of our family's homemade spaghetti sauce before we head out.... ? Just need to cook some noodles and figure a way to cook garlic bread.... Faster, cleaner, cheaper and even tastes better then dogs and burgers....
Garlic bread cooks on a grill pretty well

gungearz

Done deal... Just one thing, gonna have to use store bought bread to make the garlic bread... Cause There's no way to make homemade bread out in the bush and if I make them at home, then bring them.... They will be as hard as a rock by morning... Besides, bread is best right out of the oven.... Ill supply the spaghetti sauce and noodles... Does anyone have a large enough stove top burner to boil water...? Noodles Arnt good heated twice... Who would like to supply soft loafs of french bread...? And cheese toppings.... If someone has a oven, it won't take much to make baked mostacholli...

BSutter

I have (3) two burner stoves (17K BTU) fueled by gasoline.
Also have a small cast iron dutch oven deep skillet with lid about 12" dia. and 3" deep without lid. I will measure it when I get home.

Last edited:

gungearz

A grill...? Seious...? You know why us italians don't cook on the grill, right...? Cause the noodles fall thru the griddle. I tried to hard boil eggs on a 2 burner propane Coleman grill... Took a very long time in the back of the truck.... I think we need stove quality burners.

gungearz

That cast iron thing is 3 quart, 3.5" deep, 9.875" dia. The lid makes it a dutch oven or (2) skillets one deep one not so deep.
Can you or have you ever cooked bread in it... I am not familiar with cooking it that way.... Bread pans in the oven is all I know... Baked mostacholli is best individually servered, for the cheese keeps the heat on the bottom and the sauce don't get dried out...

BSutter

My stoves will boil all the water you will need and fast. Yep they are Coleman stoves. I'll show ya.
We will have electric. I can bring (2) induction cook surfaces 1100 watts each. They boil water faster than a stove in the house.

augiedoggy

I remember in the summer when there was 57 days left for the rally... There was a lot more motivation going on... Seems like nobody is excited about this one. Did last years muddy apocalypse make this one a dreaded rally to go to...?
Well, YES! Too many hours cleaning off what seemed like tons of mud! You know with my tractor truck with no rear fenders, the rear tires can throw mud all over the truck.
Still, it was worth it!
I am definitely looking forward to this, especially with an awesome Italian dinner in the works!
:jumpin:

BSutter

I remember in the summer when there was 57 days left for the rally... There was a lot more motivation going on... Seems like nobody is excited about this one. Did last years muddy apocalypse make this one a dreaded rally to go to...?
I am excited. Mud is not a problem. My 185 stays parked, most trails do not have the clearance required for the box. So I bring support stuff and ride along with others when possible. We will see. Mud pillows optional.

212sparky

who is afraid of mudageddon? Where else can you do donuts in the summer right before riding the John deer side by sides? The look on there face was priceless when the big army trucks pulled in and wanted to play with the little side by sides. :tank: Hey Dan did you have to pay real-estate tax on the dirt you brought back?

gungearz

who is afraid of mudageddon? Where else can you do donuts in the summer right before riding the John deer side by sides? The look on there face was priceless when the big army trucks pulled in and wanted to play with the little side by sides. :tank: Hey Dan did you have to pay real-estate tax on the dirt you brought back?
You like mud...? Let's see if Haspin will let us play in April for a spring rally...? And as far as the real estate taxes go.... I think pete will start charging us by the ton and tack it on to our admission the next time we go....

gungearz

56 days to go... Is everyone's trucks ready...? I got clutch and brake adjustment's left to do on mine before its ready for the trip.... Maybe add in my tmamerica's 12v alternator kit if I have time. I'm about to put the updated front hitch on my truck that tmamerica is also selling... Its going to serve as a halfway bumper step on the sides and a bike hauler/tugger for the front of the hitch...

Last edited:

augiedoggy

Do I have to clean the summer rally mud off before returning in the fall?
I would love to put a bed on mine, but being on the "state payroll" for now severely limits my toy fund.
:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks