• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 la rally

wehring

Texas Crew is ready to pull wheel chocks. Mr George, Jon (tell the ladies) and myself. We have a special treat for you guys and gals this year... Yes, besides Jon "the underwear model" MacMahan.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

lady_green

Hey guys! I do feel like I have not been up to date as of now. So we got a date set! Awesome. It will be great to see everyone again. Looks like I gotta get started on those shirts huh? :) Let me know what you guys want and I will start compiling a list. Hope to see everyone out this way in April! Happy trucking everyone.
-Jess

lady_green

Official Date: April 19-21, 2013! Location is 41085 Holland Road, Ponchatoula, LA, 70454

MVs are not required but feel free to come in one. Please let me know if are! Camping is available too.

Next week I will check on shirt colors made by Gildan and let everyone know about them. Design is probably going to be the same as last year. I will find the art design from last year so everyone can get an idea how they will look this year when I have a definite answer. :)

Let me know if anyone needs anything or has any questions!

@wehring: :eek: A surprise??? Sounds fun! And I will let Ms. Linda know Jon is returning. I guess we didn't scare him too much? Hahaha

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we set up around the pond and most camp. if you dont have a place to camp i have some available trailers with covers that you can homestead. looking forward to seeing all the old friends and some new ones that are coming for the first time.

bigboy44

Mr. Tim,
Please count me in, I may have to trailer my A3 there but I will be there! Please keep me posted and thanks for the refuralls!
Warren

goldneagle

Any chance for M939 series truck on the shirt this year? They are very popular right now! You can get a nice sketch of them in the TMs. Just a thought.

lady_green

I am always open for any and all suggestions from everyone! Anything you think of that can make our rally bigger and better is welcome. Especially me since I am the event planner for this big boy. Haha

Zev, if possible, can you please give me a link to the art? I would gladly appreciate it. & I can see what I can do from there. Thanks!

Also, while I am thinking about it.. is anyone ALLERGIC (food wise or otherwise) to anything we should be aware of? I do not want to add or have anything around that may cause any problems. Thanks for letting me know either way!

goldneagle

I am always open for any and all suggestions from everyone! Anything you think of that can make our rally bigger and better is welcome. Especially me since I am the event planner for this big boy. Haha

Zev, if possible, can you please give me a link to the art? I would gladly appreciate it. & I can see what I can do from there. Thanks!

Also, while I am thinking about it.. is anyone ALLERGIC (food wise or otherwise) to anything we should be aware of? I do not want to add or have anything around that may cause any problems. Thanks for letting me know either way!
I took this picture out of the Owner's Manual:

View attachment M923A1.pdf

Carlo

its time to start the planning and get a date set for this year la rally. last year it was the last weekend of april. if that is good for most that can be the date. if not we could move it up to the 3rd weekend. lets hear back from the gang.

I wish we could get something going like this in the southern part of europe. The UK and Holland have these every month but in the south of Europe nothing. Good luck

lady_green

Buongiorno! All it takes is a little idea, a few friends, and some common interest. That's how our rally began. Now it's getting bigger and bigger each year. Just keep looking into it and gathering ideas. Good luck to you as well. :D

lady_green

On shirts, you guys want to see a wrecker?? Something like this (http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/M816_5_Ton_Medium_Duty_Wrecker.gif) perhaps? Or if everyone prefers one of the images already suggested? We also need a "catch phrase" for the rally. Thanks Mr. Jeff for posting the image of what our shirts looked like last year. :) That's essentially what they have looked like throughout the years; difference being in the vehicle it has on it.

I will be returning to Hammond this weekend for a couple days so I will sit my father (Mr. Tim) down and get some stuff together. I'm going to gather more info on the shirts (colors Gildan makes, etc) too. I will be able to get that to everyone within the next week or so.

Remember if anyone is allergic to anything at all (food, etc), please let Mr. Tim or me know. It can be in a private message even. I don't want to unintentionally make anyone sick.

I am glad to see everyone preparing and getting excited for the rally!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, some of us like the M923.....

Looks like my truck and you have my permission to use the image :)

Looking forward to it. :-D

Btw, count me in on one XL shirt whatever the design.:beer:

:tank: