• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tan HMMWV?! I passed them on the way back to the freeway. But did not see any plates so I wasn't sure if they were driving the base.
That was the Military Police, not a SS member. We passed them as we were leaving camp.

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

That was the Military Police, not a SS member. We passed them as we were leaving camp.
Nope they acted the part, came in said a drone flew over and they were sent out to investigate what our group was. Then they came clean, 100% personal HMMWV with a 6.2l, I think I remember his SS screen name was Hummerguy or something like that, I asked him to post up on this thread. Some were active duty and some retired or reserve, they came out to check out our event, they were kind of bummed that you guys (BadCarp BadKarma) and Us and Fastnova were leaving when they got there but we talked with them and stuff for about an hour before Fastnova’ group and Us pulled out to convoy home, they stayed at camp to throw some skeet a while. He also does surplus sales like back packs, hats , boots and new commercial made gear etc.. I bought a big Back Pack off them a couple smaller packs and a hat, dad bought a hat, reduced prices for SS members.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, nice, well they sure looked the part with the HMMWV having the correct markings and they were in ACU's with US Army tags. I just get events confused all the time as ACU's are not allowed at the Lionclaws events UNLESS you are active duty.

Blendmaster2002

Bad carp after reviewing your race video (Thanks for posting), it looks like I was wrong on the second race results, First was Fastnova, Second Blendmaster, Third Artisan, Forth Badkarma. I couldnt see Artisan in my mirrors due to the dust.

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

Ok here’s some of the pics, my dad took 99% of all the pics I only took a few the camera Batt lost charge so no sunday pics.

On the way in we took National trails highway (route 66) to hwy 58 to lenwood road to santa fe Ave to hinkley road then the desert roads and trails in to camp.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

More pics.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

more pics.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

More pics. Watch out for Desert Tortoise.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

More pics.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

more pics.

Attachments

Russm

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

more pics.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

more pics.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

more pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks