• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Blendmaster2002

Fixed the start relay the other day and took the m36a2 for a shakedown run today. Will be putting the cargo cover on, fueling up and loading the supplies soon, 1trucker will be convoying out with us Friday in the AM.
Cant wait! :driver:

Gripy

I may head up there Thursday as well, just trying to get some stuff done.........to make the early leave!
I'll be heading out with my brother tomorrow(thursday) in the late morning (9-10 am) and make a stop at hundy's to buy a new tire. And I'm bringing a defective tire for flames.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing a defective tire for flames.
Shhh...you mean for "flaming donut" cause burnin tires is bad for the environment. We don't do that stuff. Well pretty much set to go all the supplies are bought only thing left to do is pickup the meat for Saturday's BBQ and I will do that tomorrow.

When I finally get a M35A2 Ill make sure to go to these cool events, Id have to do some serious planning on the trucks part because from TN to socal is a 1,930 mile journey.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing to do is make a vacation out of it and stop all all the SS rallies along the way. Louisiana has one, then Texas and since they are around the same time it is do-able. I think in a CUCV would probably make it easier on the wallet and the seat of the pants too.

A cucv would be cheaper but right now Ive found a Deuce that is 5,500$ is in great shape and has a trailer too. Fuel would not be problem because I plan to mount a 100 or 200 gallon fuel tank in the bed and fill it with biodiesel.

It will be a few years though till I can actually buy something as I'm a freshmen in high school, but i plan to have enough money before or during college to get one.
The truck I mentioned earlier is in Kentucky which is not that far away from were I am in TN.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be heading out around 2-7 pm on Thursday (today). Launch time is dependent on FedEx who will be dropping off another cleanup tool for my enjoyment :)

Blendmaster2002

We got the cargo cover on, then me and my dad fixed and adjusted the brake system on one of my trailers (GL forklift damage) took it for a pre flight trip. Then fueled up, Put the cargo cover on the trailer, loaded the trailer and now loading the truck, will be leaving out Friday in the AM.
:tank:

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to skip this one. No one stepped up to cover for me at this fundraiser. I gotta put my scouts first. Sorry. I'll make the next one.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well..... how'd it go? You guys get wind? I hate wind!

A couple of us have a trip planned in 2 weeks out near 29 palms. Hopefully no W____!

Last edited:

Gripy

Plenty of wind ,but nothing broke or tipped over this time around. I had a great time. some pics will be up soon (once i can figure this out. and the atv video will be pm'd.

Blendmaster2002

Well the event went well, yes there was plenty of wind but it didn’t put a damper on the event.

Those in attendance were:

Fastnova with his Tan 5 ton and his gorup
Blendmaster2002 Me and My Dad in my three color M36a2 with a M105a2 trailer our friends also attended on Saturday.
BadCarp with his three color M109 and BadKarma with his tan M35a2 and their group
Torisco in his OD Green m35 and his brother in his Ambulance
Artisan with his three color 5 Ton
Gripy and his brother in his Tan CUCV, their firends also attended
Piperscub and his dad came out in there jeep
another member came out on Saturday I think they said their handle was Kim in their pickup
I don’t know the SS handle but another member with his group showed on Sunday with his Tan HMMWV

Blendmaster2002

Here is some of the events held at the Steel Soldiers SoCal 2013 Spring Rally:

Of course a nightly fire in the fire pits to talk around and keep the night chill away.

The Big Day was Saturday. In the morning the Bad Karma group held a training event and I got to play the part of a downed Helicopter pilot ( dressed in flight suit accessories with flight helmet supplied by the Bad karma group) Dropped off near the crash site and then the rescue group tracked me and called in Transport rescue (the Tan m35a2).

Saturday afternoon brought the Desert Truck drive Approx. 40 mile round trip through the desert, the destination was a large remote dry lake bed.

The Dry Lake bed was the location of the Un-official Steel Soldiers SoCal 2013 Drag Race, The race was run Twice once from each end of the dry lake plenty of room for these trucks to gallop, What fun!

Lapsed times were not recorded ( would have took to long) nor was top speed Couldn’t have been any more than 55 MPH LOL.

Fastest 0-60 times not available ( Not Possible).

End Results for both races were the same, but shifting , beginning and mid race positions varied slightly between both races.

Results:

First Place FastNova Tan 5 Ton, no Cargo Cover, running 395/85r20 tires, engine 8.3L cummins
Second Place Blendmaster2002 Three color M36a2 2.5 Ton, with cargo cover, running 9.00r20 tires, engine Ldt465
Third Place BadKarma Tan M35a2 2.5 Ton, with with partialy installed Cargo cover, running 9.00r20 tires, engine Ldt465
Fourth Place Artisan Three color 5 Ton, with Cargo Cover, running 14.00r20 tires, engine 250 cummins

Awards will not be awarded.

Saturday evening was the Rally Barbeque Steak and Chicken Taco feast with lots of sides Put on by Fastnova and his group Thanks again guys!

Oh yeah did I Say wow a great time was had by all, and as always it was good to meet more members and see friends.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks