• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Brenda

Cool, you guys could paint Odie the dog on the intake mushroom cap, LOL!
That is a great idea, I was looking at a place to put him. Muttly is going to be on the doors of the 1968 truck. Leroy knows a older artist from Hanna Barbara that will do it after the new paint. I've gotta find someone quick that has a paint rig.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So Cal Spring Desert Rat Rally

1st three weeks in April are open for me. Would like to come up with the M35A2 and the M43 Ambulance if possible.

Also will convoy with any one going up on the first day, if possible. Leaving out of Bishop Calif (Hwy 395 to Hwy 40 then to site)

Any way we can get a list of who is going to go?

Artisan

Sounds like a plan.
I just went to Bad Karmas' deal and had no problemo
draggin' a 22' Warrior trailer in behind the M925A1 .

Artisan

Artisan how did you hook up the trailer to your 5 ton? Got any pics of the hitch?
Very observant FN!

I designed a hitch, had the parts water jet cut and bolted
them on along w/ a weld on cross bar 16,000 rated and
it came out quite nice. I'm not ready to release anything
yet, a minor hickup to remedy.

I will have pics when I am 100% w/ it ...

Some of the guys at BadKarmaCamp saw it should they care to comment
good or bad, ok w/ me.

Artisan

It is a pretty nice hitch, it would benefit from some cross bracing for some side load. It was done very nicely otherwise!
Thanx for the comment and critique' CT !

Glad to meet ya btw...

Did you see the gussets, the deals w/ stars cut into them inside left and right?
The 7" tall triangles ? The drops and gussets are .5" thick too.

Cycletek

It is done well, but side load forces grow exponentially the further you extend from the point of mounting. It is built well for down force, side loading it could use some diagonal stiffening. Plus the stars while a nice touch have now given a point of folding failure, put an "X" on the back side of your hitch and it will be very strong. Put your design in Solid Works and do some torsional loading at top right and bottom left and you will see what I am speaking about.....

Blendmaster2002

Hey, FastNova you going to put up your Patented Candy Cane Markers for people who haven't came in the south western Hinkley route before?
Its pretty simple once you have been, but otherwise some may get lost. Or did some one eat some LOL.

Last edited:

Cycletek

I got there by memory this last time, I only made one wrong turn on the way in, but saw the curve of "our" mountain in my mirror and back tracked and arrived intact. I came in from the Hinckley Road side

Blendmaster2002

Yeah Lex, we know how good GPS worked for someone at the Doomsday meet, what was it 5 miles off road desert driving on the way in last time on the south eastern copper rd route in to camp, plus those pesky Joshua trees LOL! :driver:

Cycle, Me and my dad got there by memory the last couple times too, map stayed in the glove box just in case, we come in the south western Hinkley route too.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks