• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Lextreme

Yeah Lex, we know how good GPS worked for someone at the Doomsday meet, what was it 5 miles off road desert driving on the way in last time on the south eastern copper rd route in to camp, plus those pesky Joshua trees LOL! :driver:

Cycle, Me and my dad got there by memory the last couple times too, map stayed in the glove box just in case, we come in the south western Hinkley route too.
costed me over $400 for that trip due to Joshua Trees. Lost my LED lights and an antenna with spring base.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished installing my RT524 radio, VIC 1 intercom and, antennae. I sure hope I do not have the luck you had! Any tips you can give me to avoid leaving any parts and pieces behind?

Regards,
Gordon

costed me over $400 for that trip due to Joshua Trees. Lost my LED lights and an antenna with spring base.

Cycletek

Tie down your antenna or put in a folding mount when traveling near height limiting items and build a cage around your lights like the front turn signals have.........

Lextreme

I just finished installing my RT524 radio, VIC 1 intercom and, antennae. I sure hope I do not have the luck you had! Any tips you can give me to avoid leaving any parts and pieces behind?

Regards,
Gordon
My antenna was tied down but still scrapped the Joshua tree. You just have to double check your clearance. Our trucks are wider and taller. I lost some nice LED lights and a very good antenna. Once again, if the host can push the date back in couple of weeks I can make it. Otherwise I wont be there.

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCN0782.jpgSSHH! Patent is pending on those bad boys. I still have a few left over that I can put out for the newbs.

Hey, FastNova you going to put up your Patented Candy Cane Markers for people who haven't came in the south western Hinkley route before?
Its pretty simple once you have been, but otherwise some may get lost. Or did some one eat some LOL.

Last edited:

Blendmaster2002

We have some doughnuts we could bring for flaming doughnuts:burn:. My only concern is we do somthing with them after use, so we dont Trash up our Camp, we dont want the camp name to be CampDumpOut !

L8brake731

Thanx for the comment and critique' CT !

Glad to meet ya btw...

Did you see the gussets, the deals w/ stars cut into them inside left and right?
The 7" tall triangles ? The drops and gussets are .5" thick too.
Yes! I would definitely let the 5T tow anything of mine! Nice work!
Great meeting you, looking forward to the April. (BTW) I'm with "Bad Karma" little Asian guy......
Steve (KATO)

Blendmaster2002

Hey Steve, You probably remember me and my dad from the desert gatherings at this location, we came late Saturday to the Badkarma Campout you guys offered me a cup of coffee, yeah no more flying tents, I am sure your trailer didn't like it either, anyway Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flying tents that sounds like fun! Just something to add to the flaming donuts. Wait....I got a new one...FLYING FLAMING TENTS!!! eh what do you think?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume by the posts that there is another entry way to the rally iusing Hinkley Road. I used google to map a route based on the coordinates given. It shows (for me) out 58 to Lenwood Road to Old 58 to Irwin Road to Copper City Rd. Is this the route where the Attack Joshua"s live? I couldnt find the route using Hinkley Road.

Anyone have the directions using Hinkley Rd out of Barstow?

My antenna was tied down but still scrapped the Joshua tree. You just have to double check your clearance. Our trucks are wider and taller. I lost some nice LED lights and a very good antenna. Once again, if the host can push the date back in couple of weeks I can make it. Otherwise I wont be there.

Cycletek

Turn off of 58 north on Hinckley Road till it turns to a dirt road past the houses on the left there will be a diagonal BLM Road and you just keep driving till you drive through and area with a lot of fractured rocks (see pictures below) These are dirt roads that were previously marked by FastNova, I just remember how to get back into the Camp Site

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a lot Tracy.

Regards,
Gordon

Turn off of 58 north on Hinckley Road till it turns to a dirt road past the houses on the left there will be a diagonal BLM Road and you just keep driving till you drive through and area with a lot of fractured rocks (see pictures below) These are dirt roads that were previously marked by FastNova, I just remember how to get back into the Camp Site

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks