• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 SoCal Spring Rally

What dates do you want to have the 2014 SoCal Spring Rally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're going to bring some rubbery firestarters picked off the highway.
I'm sure with the severe drought that any uncontained fire will be illlegal. Not to mention that burning rubber is not environmental or human friendly.

If you did that at the GA rally you would be told to leave in a not very friendly manner and never allowed back.

Last edited:

AECS

While, the burning of tires is not good for the air, I can assure you the drought there is not a problem, there is nothing to burn there, except what we bring....

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While, the burning of tires is not good for the air, I can assure you the drought there is not a problem, there is nothing to burn there, except what we bring....
WRONG. The hillsides behind both camp locations have been set on fire multiple times. It's not the Sahara Desert with endless miles of nothing but sand, there is brush, bushes and other flammables everywhere.

And the burning tires behind the ATV wasn't my only concern - the dust of lap after lap after lap around the campfire with zero regard for participants trucks, cars, equipment was a huge turn off. Even though it seemed that a majority of those standing around the campfire wanted it to stop, it kept on.

I've had some great times at Dirtbag and at the Socal rallys. I've made life long friends there, but I don't need that.

AECS

I have camped in that general are many times, all I remember is sage brush, scattered about, about every 10-20 feet, hardly a wildfire threat. I am a new guy and have no knowledge of the shenanigans before, so I will shut up and not say more unless spoken to!!
;)

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, now that we talked about what we are not to do. Let's talk about what we are going to do.
I bought this new gizmo that will allow me to take aerial shots. So you guy's better have the tops of your truck's clean or you will wind up with an ugly year book photo and I know you won't like that. Now hopefully I won't break the thing before the rally :grin:.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drone skeet huh...I'll keep that in mind.
Just in case anyone is looking there is plenty free firewood on craigslist. I will probably pick some up this weekend.
I hate to do stuff at the last minute.

armytruck63

Depending on finances, I might be able to bring out the big New girl. Low budget version is trailering out the M38A1.

Last edited:

papaydsailor

Im in for the 11th as it's my weekend off from work. Ill bring my movie projector that i bought from camp pen DRMO to keep us entertained at night for movies under the stars night. so bring your favorite DVD movies.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder the voting ends on Monday 9:07am. So hurry up and vote! You can make a difference! One vote is all it takes! Yes you can! Si se puede! Hope and change! Oh wait, forget that last one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks