• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Cincy-area Vets' Day Parade, Sun. NOV 8

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cincinnati area Veterans' Day Parade

Attention: Calling all MV owners and enthusiasts;

The Hamilton County (OHIO) Veterans' Day Parade will take place on:
Sunday, November 8th, 2015 in Cheviot, OH
(This is Cincinnati Westside, same suburb as last year for those who have done this before)

The Parade starts at 2pm. However, as usual, I anticipate a large group of big trucks. Therefore, we should plan to arrive 60 to 90 minutes early. If not, we will get split up or pushed to the back. We can easily kill and hour or two with B.S. stories anyway.

Staging area is as shown on the map. As always, there will be a ceremony after the parade. (In front of the City Hall building) We have always been invited to stay and park at the end of the parade route as a static display. This is voluntary.
parade map.jpg

If you would like to attend, please respond here or send me a pm. I would like to get an estimate to the parade organizer so he can plan for our group.

Thank you,

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sign me up Jeff.
This crossed my mind this morning. Your ears must have been ringing.
Not ringing, but burning! Ha.

Actually, the parade organizer just called me up a few days ago to make sure we were coming again. I asked him if he needed me to submit a registration form. He said no, he already had our information; he just wanted to be sure we were going to make it. This will be our/my 10th year for this parade, so I guess we are regulars now !

The HUlk

Mrs. HUlk is contacting some veteran's organizations to see if anyone wants to ride along. If anyone has an empty seat they'd like to fill please indicate how many passengers you could take.

Cav Trooper

Jeff, I need to look at a map to figure out how to get there and how far but, I'm interested. I have committed to the Nov 14th/15th Salute to Veterans at Ft. Thomas and plan on taking the truck. Would like to find someone with a rollback or flat bed to haul it instead of having to drive down 42 and 471 to get there.

Larry

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mrs. HUlk is contacting some veteran's organizations to see if anyone wants to ride along. If anyone has an empty seat they'd like to fill please indicate how many passengers you could take.
Does this mean I should count The HUlk in the attendee list? ;)

I always inform the parade organizer that some of us might be available to transport veterans' groups. He often gets some last minute requests at the staging area. If you can make some prearrangements for ride-alongs, that is good too!

The HUlk

Does this mean I should count The HUlk in the attendee list? ;)
Sorry for the confusing reply, yes you should count us in for one 5ton. And we are looking forward to meeting you and any other folks we haven't yet. Mrs. HUlk has not had much luck finding folks to ride along :(
So we have room if anyone would like to ride.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife just said that we can come down this year to join in the parade.

:)

Hopefully Gimpy will be back as well.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back Steve.

I talked to gimp when he picked up the trailer. He said he was a "maybe" to get back in time.

Spyderman, sorry you can make it this time. We always get together for the local parades on the patriotic holidays. ( Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans' Day) The next parade is Memorial Day, usually Florence, KY.

There is still room for any last minute additions. You can call me if you have any questions. (513) 659 - ate, sicks, won, won.

Cav Trooper

Jeff, don't know if I responded before or not. I will be attending the parade. I drove down from Liberty Township/West Chester to get a feel for where to get to the parade, 24 miles, 1 hr. drive time in my Jeep. Sunday should be a little lighter in traffic. See you there, I plan on being there around noon.

Larry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks