• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 SoCal Fall Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, kids it's about that time for the SoCal Fall Rally. I'll start this up now so everyone hopefully has can request time off from work or needs to some how squeeze it in to a conversation with their significant other for a weekend pass. This event will be at the same location that we have had the past couple of events. We are set for the weekend of October 16th - 18th.

Everyone is welcome to hang out even if you have never been out to an event. Come over and say hi. If you are the fence on what MV to get or wonder if a certain truck is for you I'm sure some of the members here would be willing to take you for a ride.

Bring your cooking grill, plenty of wood for the community fire pit and of course plenty to drink of your favorite beverage (you don't want to go thirsty out in the desert). You can also bring any kind of off road vehicle you like quad, dirt bike, 4 wheeler, magic carpet, a broom, donkey, a Cummins powered lawn mower or what ever contraption you like to get around on.

We will be having a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for real good time and enjoy the view. When we get back from that I'll have a BBQ for everyone there. Oh, and for you guy's that like to take in the desert at night there will also be a night run.

Here are the coordinates for camp 35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps Hope to see you guy's there.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been collecting firewood! Each time I go to a restaurant I save the toothpicks I use. Anyone else collecting firewood for the fire pit?

NovacaineFix

I'm in.

This time I will be a little better prepared and not have to mooch from everyone, or sleep in the cold, ha ha.

Any of you lurkers, these are a great bunch to hang out with, don't miss a great time.

I will probably head up early Saturday, if I can't swing getting Friday off.
Time to start packing.....

Prospector GM

I might need to take the girly way to the event off Ft. Irwin Rd. Does anyone know what roads to take to get there?
You take Irwin rd. (not Ft Irwin rd.) to Copper City Rd. go roughly 5 to 7 miles then turn on the road the curves to the left (no name ?? this road leads to camp) at this point you can see the butte off in the distance. Maybe we can get Gripy to to hang some of his socks:twisted: to mark the road.:driver::driver:

Gripy

Last time I had the turn off marked with a stick, and a quarter buried (vertical) tire. Not sure if it would still be there. I most likely will be coming out there on thursday afternoon as I usually do. I'll drive back out to the internets and make a post on the condition of the turn off. Worst case you let us know around what time you'll be coming up and I'll meet you on Copper city.

ETA: Google maps shows the turn off about 11.5 miles after turning onto Copper city

ETA 2: It might be windy out there so remember to bring plenty of tent stakes.

Last edited:

armytruck63

Follow your nose to camp?

I'm sure the tire is gone by now. The BLM guys are no fun. Either that or some local resident took it to hold down the tin roof on his shack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks