• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 SS Haspin Acres Rally Dates, June 10-14th

Durango_USMC

Congrats to Sparky and Lindsay!

That being said I think I might actually be able to make the summer rally for once. Fall rally is always great but I hear the summer rally is a bit more impressive.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats to Sparky and Lindsay!

That being said I think I might actually be able to make the summer rally for once. Fall rally is always great but I hear the summer rally is a bit more impressive.

Well if I'm there it could be more eventful for sure.

;-)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to come to the summer rally, just to look for the alligators in the pond. I know they are there, cuz I saw them........

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI!

We are planning to bring the gang once again. May not even have a deuce this time, just bus and trailer...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh good, the greatest show on Earth. Mowrons rolling hotrod mowers without spilling their beer?

Priceless.

(No, I know you don't drink.)

BSutter

Howdy all,

On the subject of food service at the Spring Rally we have decided to stand down.

Personal observation of the previous (2) events tells me that after being cooped up all winter most folks want to get out and play with their friends and hang with same.

Bringing the group together for a meal did not work very well.

If you have any input on this subject please feel free to post in this thread or P.M. me.

Thanks for reading.

That is all.

jdknech

Josh (Pugsley), haspin campgrounds being closed after midnight is unfortunately a new policy... there is a security guard there like last time... I emailed Sam (Haspins owner) and talked to Pete about our little issue in the fall... the reason for this new policy is that they want to make haspin a family friendly facility and made a "quiet hour" for families to enjoy the campground.... u can wheel 24/7 outside the campground (for now)...
I guess this means no more MV night rides? :evil:
I am planning to be there with the XM971, cabover international, CUCV, and buggy

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure they don't close the gate (safety hazard) and good luck stopping anyone heading to the restrooms in the middle of the night.

They have always tried to have quiet time after hours, be glad it isn't Durhamtown. They shut down after about 5PM (all trails) but they let us go out after dark which turns out to be safer for the quads and bikes (big trucks could run over one).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do we have any amateur radio people at the spring or fall Haspin?

I know of at least three.

Dan2001qx4

Banned
Do you have to have an mv to attend haspin? My qx4 has a three inch lift and 33s on it with locker out back and a true-trac up front. I do have a m101a1 I use as my camper when I wheel tho. Does that count, as a mv?

Durango_USMC

Nope. Definitely no MV needed or even a vehicle to wheel in. My two fall rally's all i had was my little ATV. Plus theres always an open seat in someone's truck. Its a pretty welcoming group of people and I always have a good time out there. So good luck and enjoy Dan!

jdknech

I'm sure they don't close the gate (safety hazard) and good luck stopping anyone heading to the restrooms in the middle of the night.

They have always tried to have quiet time after hours, be glad it isn't Durhamtown. They shut down after about 5PM (all trails) but they let us go out after dark which turns out to be safer for the quads and bikes (big trucks could run over one).
During the fall rally they actually padlocked the gates closed.. I had the same thought about a safety hazard, but there was no way of leaving the campground in any type of vehicle without destruction of property after 9pm