• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 TX MV Rally

Madmedic

Just came back from the Museum.

For those of y'all getting stuff from me, remember to get your items from Carlos Manning (the man in black himself). He'll be set up INSIDE of the museum building.

For those of y'all attending, I am jealous, from what I saw, it looks to be bigger and better than ever before. AND y'all are gonna have great weather.

ke5eua

So I double booked events this weekend and according to the wife the kids come first so we will not make it. Bret, I'll make a trip your way to bring your paint, I also have a het seat no base of your interested, free of course.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I double booked events this weekend and according to the wife the kids come first so we will not make it. Bret, I'll make a trip your way to bring your paint, I also have a het seat no base of your interested, free of course.
Lay it on me! Let me know when you plan to swing by. [thumbzup]

pistolnut

I'm not bringing a truck this year, I don't have anything street-legal and/or roadworthy. I am coming tomorrow evening to camp and hang out. I'm planning to soon sell off a lot of my military vehicle stuff. I have some M-715 parts and an m-35a2 (rough but complete and runs) with lots of associated parts to sell. Pm me if interested, I can bring stuff tomorrow if needed.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'll arrive around mid or late afternoon baring any vehicle issues with my M1031 CUCV and M1101 trailer. Map program shows about 375 miles by way of US190 and FM-30.

Haven't been back to BCS in over 20 years. Probably can't find the trailer park on Finfeather that we lived in back in late 70s. Last time I was there, the Bush Sr presidential library had just opened.

In keeping with the theme of the museum program, I have a free M1 Garand enbloc clip (no ammo) for any rally attendee that wants one. Gotta experience the "ping"

sidel2426

I will be bringing the M817. Not sure if I will be there Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Can someone tell me when the convoy leaves the offroad park Saturday morning. Also I have two complete deuce winch kits I can bring if anyone is interested (check the classifieds).

m715mike

I will be bringing the M817. Not sure if I will be there Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Can someone tell me when the convoy leaves the offroad park Saturday morning. Also I have two complete deuce winch kits I can bring if anyone is interested (check the classifieds).

Convoy leaves the Off Road Ranch around 08:45.

I just found out today just wanted to be sure something is going on. So the show is still a go for the 27-29 Mar? Is there a POC and number for the show? I have a few friends from the Killeen area that will be going to sale parts and I'm coming from San Antonio. We have a mix of parts: HMMWV, M35, M900 series and M151 parts not many.

Tornadogt

I just found out today just wanted to be sure something is going on. So the show is still a go for the 27-29 Mar? Is there a POC and number for the show? I have a few friends from the Killeen area that will be going to sale parts and I'm coming from San Antonio. We have a mix of parts: HMMWV, M35, M900 series and M151 parts not many.
I am meeting up with a member with a M934a2 at Buckeys on I10 in Luling at 10:00am tomorrow (Saturday) if you want to convoy.

TruAg

Drove over to College Station for the Texas MV Rally. LOT bigger deal than I thought!! Lots of MVs from several theaters, jeeps, deuces, 5 tons, tanks.... Even had a WWII reenactment.
could really tell some folks put a lot of time & money into there MVs. I've got lots of work to do. Won't miss it next year!

TAMU86

For those who were not able to make it to the TX Rally at the G.I. Museum this year... Here are a some photos of our exhibit and gathering place for the SS members. We received many compliments from students and attending public, as well as Leisha Mullins thanking for us attending and mentioning they will begin a fall event as well this year.

IMG_0882.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0879.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0875.jpgIMG_0874.jpgIMG_0881.jpgIMG_0880.jpg

Many thanks to John & Brindy for helping to test the MKT equipment, setting up the camp, and help running the tours for the Friday school students... and public on Saturday.

Thanks to Texas A&M Corp Squad 4 for helping breakdown the MKT-99 Saturday night as well as loading all the camo support poles. This saved us 6 hours of work... whew!!!

Lastly thanks to Corey (5 ton tractor) who pulled the heavy trailer/shelter to a local ranch... which reduced the number of roundabout trips for the day.

richingalveston

I enjoyed meeting everyone at the off road park. I had work going on in college station so I did not get to spend much time at the museum. I did get to walk through Friday afternoon and there was a lot of very nice equipment on display.
I camped at the off road park Friday and Saturday night. I was able on Sat. afternoon to run the trails in the 1009 and it was a big success. I did not break anything and I was able to make it to the tallest hill in the park. I had a great video of the big hill climb and some pics from the top, however, leaving the park I left my phone on the roof of the 1009.

I found the phone in pieces on the road after I double back to look for it. I lost a lot of contact info but it was an I-phone 3 and I was in need of an upgrade anyway.

Hope to see everyone again next year.

If any of the members have any pics of my truck on the ramp, send them my way. I lost a lot of photos of the truck. May have to take it apart and put it back together to get those pics back.

As always all the SS members I met were top notch people.

Thanks,
Rich

m715mike

Pictures from the Offroad Ranch

These are in no particular order of the vehicles that were at the Offroad Ranch this weekend:

Trailboss:

IMG_0908.jpga Trailboss.jpg

nofearnohope:

b nofearnohope.jpg

Barrman:

c Barrman1.jpgc Barrman2.jpgc Barrman3.jpg
(Pistolnut's Ford can be seen in these three pictures. Barrman drove the M715 pulling the Mini, and Colton drove the Deuce.)

m715mike:

d m715mike.jpgIMG_0899.jpg

Jeepsinker:

e Jeepsinker.jpg

richingalveston:

f richingalveston.jpg

fuzzytoaster:

g fuzzytoaster.jpg

OL AG '89:

h OL AG '89.jpg

red:

i red.jpg
(red's deuce was not operational this weekend, but I'm glad he made the 6-7 hour trip in his POV to come hang-out with us)

sidel2426:

i __.jpg

And a nice M934A2 showed-up. The owner is not yet a SS member, but I bet he will be soon:

i ___.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks