• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Va Rally at Graves Mountain September 3-7

CGarbee

I assume so, but wanted to ask to make sure this is a Family friendly event.
It's a very family friendly event...
We have a very high percentage of attendees who bring their wives or girlfriends...lots of kids.
There are a lot of things for folks to do on the property, and nearby: hiking, horseback riding (extra charge for horseback riding), basketball, tennis, Jr. Olympic size pool (with lifeguards), fishing (ponds and rivers), farm/packing shed/canery tours, historic sites/antique stores/wineries... etc...
Lots, and lots of room for the kids to run around and play (all ages...).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who will be taking advantage of the firing range, please remember to bring eye and ear protection, and if you have them, empty chamber indicators. I can only find four empty chamber indicators to bring, but I will not be shooting so they will be available to borrow. We will have posted range rules and I will go over them for each session before we start. Just as a heads up, I have run both NRA High Power Rifle and NBRSA Benchrest Matches, so you may hear a variety of range commands that might not be familiar.

CGarbee

How large of truck can reasonably run the trails. Anyone we can call for info. Would like to bring some Florida trucks. Thanks
With one exception, Devil's Backbone, all the trails can be traversed with a 5/4 ton or smaller pickup/Jeep/Unimog... Although a couple of trails are steep in some places, they are all moderate or beginner skill level (and we have a great group of trail guides to help folks). We also have a few trails at lower elevations that run through a couple of streams and through the bottom land that hardly require the use of four wheel drive...

Devil's Backbone requires a short vehicle with lots of articulation to traverse, and runs along a ridge from rock to rock with very little room on either side, thus, is not a novice trail...
We have a few that can be traversed with a five ton cargo truck (thanks to some careful work with the skidder while logging this summer...).

Last time I checked, we had GPS'ed about thirty miles of trail.

In addition to the trails, we have a LOT of orchard roads, county roads, and fire roads, that can be run with anything from a five ton cargo and smaller (we have even had Karl bring out his halftrack).

I'll PM you Steve's phone number so that you can call him and discuss the trials and the vehicles you might bring. He's our head trail boss and trail builder and knows them better than anyone. He also owns a five ton as well as a nice collection of Jeeps, so he knows first hand what fits where...

Hope to see you at the event.

CGarbee

I've been asked...

For folks who have not sent in payment yet... I do have a PayPal account, but you can also see Chuck (aka BMan) at the Registration Tent in the middle of the camping field when you arrive and pay by cash or check.
He's going to want to see you anyway so that he can get you to fill out the registration form and so that he can show you the t-shirts... :wink:

CJ9/Granny

Sorry for the late notice, but we won't be making it up that way this year. We simply have some things going on in our live that are taking precedence. For the record, we are NOT having any health issues this year... Thank God for that! Hope y'all have a wonderful time. Best wishes!!!!! :grd:

CGarbee

The truck is loaded and I am headed up in the morning.
Looking forward to seeing those who can make it, and will miss those who can't.
We'll take photos. :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loading up right now, departure at 0700. I will gather Mike and the non calendar reader as we blow by Columbia SC.

Capehenery

Had a great weekend. The guys that put this on were great and went the extra mile to make sure we all had a great time. A big Thank You to everyone that was involved in putting on a great event.[thumbzup]
Here are a few photos of the weekend.
Truck 15.jpgTruck 5.jpgTruck 6.jpgTruck 7.jpgTruck 10.jpgTruck 11.jpgTruck 12.jpgTruck 17.jpgTruck 13.jpgTruck 4.jpg

Capehenery

Even Solider B and the Kids had a good time. There were a few open acres so the next generation got some seat time to get them interested a bit more. Played a few games with the trucks and I won the slow crawl:cool:
IMG_3272.jpgIMG_3263.jpg20150904_182638316_iOS.jpgIMG_3249.jpgIMG_1689.jpg20150905_231932693_iOS.jpg20150905_215319608_iOS.jpg20150905_215312146_iOS.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another set - Steve showing articulation and the M934 in the 'coast to the pin' event. And, yes, they got the sides rolled back in before getting on the road home and all they had on the three axle trailer was a jeep going home!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks