• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Va Rally at Graves Mountain September 3-7

CJ9/Granny

Looks like y'all had a great time, and hopefully good weather! Many thanks to all who posted pics! We will transfer this year's reminder to next year's calendar... maybe someday we will actually make it up that way again. Until then... :beer:

This was my first time attending this rally, but definitely not my last...but next year I'm coming earlier and staying later! Thanks to the trail guides who kept us safe and on the roads, and for not letting those of us with larger trucks go places we shouldn't. It was great finally putting some face with names, and I'm already making plans for next year, including inviting some friends who like to camp. The cover will be off the deuce next year to carry more passengers through the woods.

CGarbee

I got hit at work with a bunch of junk to take care of right after the event, so I'm a tad late saying this...

A big THANK YOU to everyone that came, helped out at the rally, or who helped out before the event.
Without you, we wouldn't have a rally...

I had a great time and enjoyed visiting with everyone (and missed those that I didn't get a chance to talk to...).
We'll do it all over again next year, just with more and improved trails (Steve and his crew just keep on making them better and better).
September 1-5, 2016...

Hope to see you all again next year, if not sooner. ;)

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

It appears I missed my last chance at visiting with my friends up in VA.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-gun-permits-from-25-states.html?intcmp=hpbt3
Oh yeah that's burning @$$ too. I read one of the articles that was quoting the attorney general, he talked like all the rest of us were ignorant, irresponsible, gun waving rednecks that shouldn't have a concealed weapons permit to start with. Guess I won't be spending my hard earned $ in the Hampton Roads area any time soon. I'll start going to Raleigh instead. I don't see McCroy allowing something like that here.

Ford Mechanic

"Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said."

Those folks can't legally get a fire arm to start with! !
Let me stop, SS is a no politics forum. PM me if you want to talk more about this.

CGarbee

Since you asked about this year's VA Rally (aka, the Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally) that I host...

This year's thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...ember-1-5-2016
Website (soon to be updated): http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com/

I also have a Facebook Event page...but I think that you have to be a friend, or a friend of a friend that has been invited in order to see it (wanted a little bit of control on that one..). :smile:

Hope that you can attend!

CGarbee

Cabell usually has the forms at the Denton Rally next month. He will probably post the thread about that same time.
I had the forms at Denton at the MKT...
I also uploaded it to a post on this year's event thread...and sent it to Amnon to use in updating the official event website.
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks