• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 SoCal Spring Rally

JDToumanian

So should I leave my fireworks at home?
I LOVE fireworks! I just don't want them thrown at me. See, they had a little game going all day where they were throwing M-80s at each other and saying "heads up" so you could plug your ears. The problem was, my wife and I arrived later in the day after she got off work, so we were not "in" on their game. That is how serious injuries happen... I don't mean to seem like a stick in the mud, but I have a permanent injury as a result of that stupidity, and my job requires me to be able to hear within certain parameters for which I am tested annually. I can show my hearing charts before 2010, and after 2010. There is significant loss. I should have sued...

Jon

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the most part all the bad apples got taken out of the barrel already and you are left with the high caliber of individuals you see chiming in here. :D Now my standards aren't very high mind you, but for the most part people do tend to behave themselves. :driver:
I've started my collection of firewood for the community fire pit. Anyone else?

Gripy

What if I could come by that thursday and pick up about 1/3 of a pick-up bed? My AO is fairly sparse at the moment unless you want 200lb stumps.

BnaditCorps

What if I could come by that thursday and pick up about 1/3 of a pick-up bed? My AO is fairly sparse at the moment unless you want 200lb stumps.
Depends on how big the fire is going to be, if it is a bonfire then those would most likely work, but if it is a smaller fire then no. Of course if anyone has a wood-spliter or chainsaw you could chop em up on site.

That is a personal opinion though considering i have seen people do exactly that, it was on a small campfire and it burned for the next 2 days.

Also in response to JDToumanian. I have been in the vicinity of that kind of stupidity, except that incident occurred with a live shotgun shell, and i do not like it when people do that either; as it is not only dumb but it also puts others at risk.

The following is a general rule of thumb:
If you are going to do the aforementioned acts (or similar), please refrain from doing so around those who do not want to participate, do not know what is going on, or are not prepared for the repercussions.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We like to have big bonfires anything less just doesn't feel right. Here's my little collection of sticks so far.
woodinfront.jpg

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries man, there will be other get togethers posted up here on SS. I try to keep everyone that chimes in posted on the next event.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what kind of wood it is, but it came from my neighbors tree that he cut down. I know it was an evergreen and the leaves were oval shaped and about half dollar size.

BnaditCorps

When The Saltydeuce says he is going to bring some wood .He means he going to bring a Deeeeuuucccceee looooaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!:burn::jumpin::jumpin::driver::driver:
That sounds like something i would do...then again we burn lots of wood while camping.

1 time we burned almost 2 pick-up's worth and then my friends dad came down with his truck bed packed full and an entire car trailer full, needless to say we didn't bring much home. That was over a 7 day stretch with 1 fire going night and day and another going all day.

Ah the good times we had at Dillion Beach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks