• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 Denton NC MV Rally April 13, 14, 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anybody potentially attending that is heading back north towards NJ and could take a HEMMT cover back north with them to the NJ area?

If so please get back to me to discuss potential details, $ etc.

wilfreeman

I scanned back through the previous posts to make sure I haven't missed much. So what's the latest on the t shirt situation? And Mike mentioned something about maybe cooking?

I have to plan a little better this year because my daughter will be with me Friday night and my wife is coming up Saturday for the day and taking my daughter home with her. My daughter wants to eat MREs, but needless to say, my wife would do without first. I am planning on bringing the camp stove and food if I need to cook.

In other news, the new Jeep didn't get far enough along to bring, so I worked on the old Jeep (finished installing the correct fuel pump, adjusted valves so it isn't as noisy, and got the brake lights working) yesterday and got it ready. Still need to wash it and the truck before the rally. Load up a few sale items (yes, I actually have the Army Motors, Supply Line and Military Vehicles magazines on the load list this year so I won't forget them AGAIN!) and camping gear and we'll be ready to roll early afternoon. Not planning on doing the bbq convoy this year.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scanned back through the previous posts to make sure I haven't missed much. So what's the latest on the t shirt situation? And Mike mentioned something about maybe cooking?

I have to plan a little better this year because my daughter will be with me Friday night and my wife is coming up Saturday for the day and taking my daughter home with her. My daughter wants to eat MREs, but needless to say, my wife would do without first. I am planning on bringing the camp stove and food if I need to cook.

In other news, the new Jeep didn't get far enough along to bring, so I worked on the old Jeep (finished installing the correct fuel pump, adjusted valves so it isn't as noisy, and got the brake lights working) yesterday and got it ready. Still need to wash it and the truck before the rally. Load up a few sale items (yes, I actually have the Army Motors, Supply Line and Military Vehicles magazines on the load list this year so I won't forget them AGAIN!) and camping gear and we'll be ready to roll fussy afternoon. Not planning on doing the bbq convoy this year.

I would gladly chip in $ and help cook/clean if we could get something together. Something for Sat evening like burgers or something simple would be nice. I leave for the beach tomorrow and I'll be coming back early to attend the Rally on Friday and Saturday so I can't help with that much, other than $ and time when I get there. Since there is no MKT this year we might just have to do a Saturday dinner convoy LOL, but at least we can pack people in with troop seats and not take the whole fleet.

Another Ahab

She's a good sport.

Or did she maybe lose a household bet?! :mrgreen:

wilfreeman

She's a good sport.

Or did she maybe lose a household bet?! :mrgreen:
Yeah, she is really just coming to pick up my daughter - doesn't care much for the Jeep and deuce unless there is a trail ride involved! She came to the GA rally once, and that wad that - at least she tried I guess. She doesn't complain about all of my toys, so I guess she really is a good sport now that I think about it!

Ford Mechanic

In other news, the new Jeep didn't get far enough along to bring, so I worked on the old Jeep (finished installing the correct fuel pump, adjusted valves so it isn't as noisy, and got the brake lights working) yesterday and got it ready. Still need to wash it and the truck before the rally. Load up a few sale items (yes, I actually have the Army Motors, Supply Line and Military Vehicles magazines on the load list this year so I won't forget them AGAIN!) and camping gear and we'll be ready to roll early afternoon. Not planning on doing the bbq convoy this year.

We normally go out for dinner on Saturday night to a restaurant there with a group of guys from the rally. Anyone is welcome to come too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ford Mechanic

Shirts! So shirts are being done as we speak! Unfortunately we were very far behind this year and preorders have not been taken. We got just as many as we did last year with the exception being a few sizes. I belive the plan is for them to be available at Mike Cases table as he will have someone there to man it.

That being said 100% of the proceeds go to supporting the rally! So every body come buy one!

Here is the artwork that's going on the shirts this year. Please excuse my lack of attaching it to the site. Here in the sticks I don't have enough service to attach it properly. I will correct when I go to town tomarrow. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e80ac40a64e/mike-4-2712x6070.jpg?

//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e80a435d61b/mike-4-2712x6070.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LanceRobson

Is anybody potentially attending that is heading back north towards NJ and could take a HEMMT cover back north with them to the NJ area?

If so please get back to me to discuss potential details, $ etc.
My wife and I are retiring to our Pinnacle, NC place later this year. That's an hour north of the show and I was planning to be at the show but my civy cargo trailer wound up in a ditch and had the front axle bent. The new axle won't be delivered until the 13th or 14th.

If you don't find someone to haul that cover we may be able to work it out if you get it to Jim Henry. I'll get it from him when we're in NC the week of the 24th (after the NJ MTA show, 21-22 April) and I can haul it north. Either someone can meet me somewhere along I-81 on 29 April or we can figure out getting it to NJ from my place (near Syracuse) using the SS underground railroad. Where in NJ is it headed and is it to a SS member (if so I may know them)? And if time isn't an issue I could get it to the Red Ball show in Gilbert, PA where a lot of NJ folks attend but that wouldn't be until September.

So, it looks like the 2018 show will be the first one I get to. By then I should have my big smoker in NC and could pull it down there and toss some critter parts in it......

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks