• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2020 NC Rally-Denton Farm Park

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its coming up on that time again!!!!! Mark your calendars, save your spending cabbage - GET VACATION TIME SCHEDULED!

Jim Henry of HENRY'S Truck Sales in Albamarle NC is once again sponsoring the spring dust off

Denton Rally.jpg

The annual Denton NC Rally, swap meet and general get together is planned for

22-26 APRIL 2020

At the Farmpark in Denton NC.

Hundreds of hookup camping sites available as well as primitive camping available, no reservations necessary!

What will we have?

Helicopter rides (Cobra and Huey)

TONS of things to buy, and plenty of room to sell. You can sell from your camp site or if you want to be in the designated vendor area you must be set up by Friday evening. I will be starting a separate buy-sell thread as we get a little closer

Machine Gun shoot (insurance only allows blanks, but hey belt fed is belt fed, right?)

BBQ Convoy IS BACK ! Friday evening. Cost will be $10 per person to cover catering and you must be in or on a military vehicle to participate-A separate thread will be started closer to the time. For those that have been on this before you know the excellent support from our local LEO's really make it happen.

There will be countless other things to do-drive trucks you never have, see stuff you never have and lots of just plain old hanging out time etc

Look at the official buy/sell thread to find some great deals ahead of time!

CAN NOT WAIT !!!!!!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can't wait, well I guess I gotta, see you guys there. If you haven't been before it is an awesome event, lots of stuff to buy, Cabel's gourmet MKT, the communal "story" fire , the BBQ run is very well orchestrated with great food, and just hanging out with awesome folks.

Cabel put me down for MKT help

Don't forget to bring a pocket full of cash, but no $50's

wilfreeman

Hoping to make it again this year with the family, camper and M38a1- depending on the job again though. Looking forward to it - been coming to this for 8yrs now.

LanceRobson

Nancy and I will be returning home the morning of the 22nd from a canoeing camping trip so I'll be there either late on the 22nd or the morning of the 23rd. In either case she and the dog won't be with me this year so I'll be free to help out where and as needed. I will be bringing my camper and will post to the buy/sell thread when I figure out what I'm bringing.

And I may have to pullout late Saturday as we look to be leaving Monday AM on a 90 mile backpacking trip. How says you slow down in retirement? :)

Hopefully the confusion on camping and vending fees from last year when I got hit for $190 will be avoided.

Thank you to all those whose efforts make this weekend possible.

Best regards to all,

Lance

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry guys, my command's guidance now limits me to 50 miles of Bragg, and although Denton is close, it's not that close. I hope we can postpone till fall or next year.
I am also limited in my travel. And as a DOD civilian with a forklift license, they have me on a 2hr recall if air lift operations commence. So even if I severely fudged the 50 miles, I couldn't make it back in the 2 hours. So I can't even stop by to run the train this year if it still happens. Darn it. I always look forward to this show. I even fixed my deuce and m1008 hyrailer to bring.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are all hoping that things take a turn for the better very soon, but a lot of predictions are not showing that to be the case. Even those that could attend will be thinking hard about whether they will. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for now. I'd almost rather Jim go ahead and reschedule it for a little later in the year when everyone should be able, and more willing to attend. Just my 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks