• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v inline fuel pump

DaneGer21

Yeah thats hard to beat. They have heavier amp versions too that are pretty cheap. So do you think going from 1/4" to 3/8" fittings would make a difference? I saw one post where it was speculated that the hydraulic head could overheat if not enough flow. Just curious
The restriction between the two is probably negligible. That is correct, the extra fuel flow is purposeful like you mentioned, to cool the HH.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Facet 41050 pump I put on has 3/8 npt fittings and it ws easy to find compression fittings that enabled me to put it in line. Getting the tubing fit between the tank fitting and the pump took the most time. I mounted the pjump to a piece of plywood with a strip of foam epoxied to the bottom. Took doghead's tack and used torpedo/banana plugs to connect to the existing line at the plug. Sounds great, no? All was fine until I found that there was no current to the plug. Clipped the pump to the batteries and ran it for ~5 minutes, watchng the bleed screw above the filters...nothing,, and the pump didn't prime. Only thing I can think of is that the pump cannot lift the 15 or so inches from the tank, so I'll try pumping from a container thats higher. If that doesn't work I'll probably pull the in-tank pump out and see if it will run off of the batteries. Glad I have the NOCO chargers.

Update 1: Tried to run the in-tank pump off of the batteries...positive to the pin on the left, negative to the right....silence. Didn't try swapping the pins. I will change the filters next, and see how they look. Tried pumping from a container of diesel that was higher than the fuel tank; the little pump would not prime, so I'll call Facet tomorrow; might try swapping the pins on the in-tank, then taking it out. Pressing on.

Update 2: Pulled the in-tank pump before starting on the filters. Looks pristine, but does not frun when connected to 24v...assumed the larger pin is +, but chjoice of pins made no difference. Filters today.

Update 3: Flipped the console switch; listened to the alarm; measured 0.7 V at the plug for the in-tank pump. Large pin is the positive. Changed all of the filters; all were pristine and the housings were almost the same. I will re-try the Facet pump [those folks have not returned any of my calls] with filled tubing to see if that makes a difference. Each prior attempt it would lift the fuel only an inch or two from a fuel surface higher than the pump...what's up with that! running out of things to try.
Q: I note that several folks have mounted a Carter pump ?P4260hd? that looks like the one currently in the tank. The Carter site says it is not submersible; has it worked for those who have installed it? If that one works and doesn't break the bank, I'll perhaps try it. I will call Pegasus Racing to see about returning the Facet. Frustrating....

Last edited:

Gypsyman

Kicking this one back up to tag on some information for future reference. I had seen this chart for the original Olympic 311389-1 in-tank pump but it was too small for me to read. Here is a full size version along with some calculated specs. Power draw as stated by the factory rep is 2.5 amps max with normal running draw between 1.5 and 2 amps.

230 GPH 1610 PPH 3.5 PSI
150 GPH 1015 PPH 5 PSI
35 GPH 245 PPH 7 PSI

Pressure and Flow Chart.png

INFChief

Perhaps a simpler way is to install a low volume transfer pump and pump fuel from the reserve tank to the primary tank as needed.

Dasgog

Silly question…….. With the E8131 could I not just cut the exiting hose that fits into the in tank pump like 12” from pump so I don’t need to mess with fitting and then just place the new external fuel pump between the 2 cuts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks