• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v inline fuel pump

DaneGer21

I took a look at it today. It looks like my pump is 1/4” npt (Male). I used an adaptor on each end, that goes to compression fitting. I cut the original copper fuel line and inserted the whole pump and adaptor assembly into the section I cut out. It’s still working perfectly.
Thanks, I did the same!

Attachments

Dieselfitter

This 8131 inline pump wih 1/4 inlet outlet delivers same pressure ,but what is the gpm flow rate compaired to stock mili intank pump ? Does anyone know.
the head on ip pump uses a certain flow rate to cool the head if the flow is reduced the head could be at risk for over heating and failure down the road ?
im not throwing mud on anyones research or design , im just trying to make a decision on a pump to have on hand as a replacement when mine in tank pump stops working

Katahdin

I put an E8131 on a truck about a year ago, I have a 0-100 psi gauge at the seconday fuel filter, and the FDC is bypassed.

I'm seeing 30psi idle pressure and 60psi 2500rpm pressure, which is TM perfect.

I've encountered those that argue pressure doesn't matter, but 60 psi on a 3/8 line going to the head, could there really be a flow problem?

Truck is non-turbo M275A2, 500lbs lighter then a M35A2 and keeps up in the convoys I run in just fine. I have an EGT gauge and it'll pass 1200 degrees if I let it on hills.

Seems to me I'm getting enough flow.

Dieselfitter

Yes and after i thought about it , the pressure to the ip head would be coming from the booster pump anyway so the lift pump gpm is somewhat mute point a guess . I just want to buy the right spare for the truck , once !
thanks for the input

DaneGer21

Only thing I can think of is possibly seeing an engine tag that says the fuel flow is 35/GPH. Now is that what the engine can burn at max RPM, or is that the supplied flow. That I do not know.

Unless I’m mistaken. I’ll walk out to the garage for a pic…

DaneGer21

Only thing I can think of is possibly seeing an engine tag that says the fuel flow is 35/GPH. Now is that what the engine can burn at max RPM, or is that the supplied flow. That I do not know.

Unless I’m mistaken. I’ll walk out to the garage for a pic…
Yep, I was mistaken haha What I had seen was the fuel rate at the advertised HP. I was way off haha

*off topic, I live about 30mins from where these were manufactured!*

Attachments

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took a look at it today. It looks like my pump is 1/4” npt (Male). I used an adaptor on each end, that goes to compression fitting. I cut the original copper fuel line and inserted the whole pump and adaptor assembly into the section I cut out. It’s still working perfectly.
Yet another useful thread!
I note on the pics you provided earlier that the pump wires appear to feed into the original plug. Guessing you put pin connectors on the wires and simply plugged 'em in. I like that idea because it conserves the plug, but how did you determine which wire went into which socket on the plug? I'm at the wire-clipping point in installing a Fawcet pump.

davidb56

Yep, I was mistaken haha What I had seen was the fuel rate at the advertised HP. I was way off haha

*off topic, I live about 30mins from where these were manufactured!*
Maybe a engineer or smart person can convert 74 @ MM3/stroke. I know my deuce doesn't burn 35 GPH, but how much returns back to the tank is a mystery. I have a external pump rated at 35GPH and it works fine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yet another useful thread!
I note on the pics you provided earlier that the pump wires appear to feed into the original plug. Guessing you put pin connectors on the wires and simply plugged 'em in. I like that idea because it conserves the plug, but how did you determine which wire went into which socket on the plug? I'm at the wire-clipping point in installing a Fawcet pump.
I used a digital volt meter to determine which hole of the plug was positive or negative. Yes, I did use a bullet connector and simply inserted it into the original plug.

Last edited:

banditt1979

I've been following this thread with interest as I may be making a purchase this weekend. I found a carter pump part #P4603HD. It is 24 volt, 43gph at 6psi and only about $60 from summit. May be a good pump for this application. Rotary vane pump as well.

DaneGer21

I've been following this thread with interest as I may be making a purchase this weekend. I found a carter pump part #P4603HD. It is 24 volt, 43gph at 6psi and only about $60 from summit. May be a good pump for this application. Rotary vane pump as well.
I ended up changing to a Carter 4600hd. Almost the same specs but 12v. I chose the 4600 over the 4603 because of the slightly larger inlet/outlet. 3/8 vs 1/4”.

Last edited:

DaneGer21

How did you get the 12 volts to the pump? Voltage regulater?
Yes. I purchased a 24v to 12v (10amp) voltage regulator. I use it for the fuel pump, and also my boost and pyro gauge lights. Ill probably move the pump to its own regulator, then add some charging ports for phones/etc to the other.

banditt1979

Yes. I purchased a 24v to 12v (10amp) voltage regulator. I use it for the fuel pump, and also my boost and pyro gauge lights. Ill probably move the pump to its own regulator, then add some charging ports for phones/etc to the other.
Good to know, thank you. I read your post about the weird fuel pressure and thats when I started looking at pumps. Also wrote down your setup for filters. Good info!

DaneGer21

Good to know, thank you. I read your post about the weird fuel pressure and thats when I started looking at pumps. Also wrote down your setup for filters. Good info!
Im sure you could find it cheaper, but for $12’ish bucks to my door I couldn’t complain.

DC Voltage Regulator Buck Converter DC 24V to DC 12V 10A 120W Step Down Reducer Power Converter Mini Module Transformer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6X6L8...t_i_JXDC9P2C5R2B89GJC448?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

banditt1979

Im sure you could find it cheaper, but for $12’ish bucks to my door I couldn’t complain.

DC Voltage Regulator Buck Converter DC 24V to DC 12V 10A 120W Step Down Reducer Power Converter Mini Module Transformer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6X6L8...t_i_JXDC9P2C5R2B89GJC448?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah thats hard to beat. They have heavier amp versions too that are pretty cheap. So do you think going from 1/4" to 3/8" fittings would make a difference? I saw one post where it was speculated that the hydraulic head could overheat if not enough flow. Just curious

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks