• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v LED headlights

mhb285

I bought a pair of these ones a while ago and they came with buckets that needed to be removed. Think that's what's going on. Was just a little bit confusing when I opened the box.
so how did you mount them. I discovered the same thing when I opened the box and compared it to my stock set up....
I'm just looking for a way to mount they without reinventing the wheel..
thanks
mike Bogner

deucer

Remove the housing from the new lights and they'll fit right into the old headlight buckets.
I thought these came with buckets that replaced the original. I have not tried to install mine yet in my deuce but the appear to be the same 3 bolt mounting pattern, but maybe my memory is failing me. To be clear I am speaking about the Truck lite brand 07379 which is the black bucket version.

I got them installed last night, and let me tell you they are ridiculously bright !!!
Easy installation as well, I added the military rubber connectors to the new LED lights and plugged them in, done.
I need to adjust the direction of the beam today, cause now that I can actually see my headlights they are a bit too high per the TM.

Here's some pictures of them; Low Beam = only top half illuminated, High Beam = top and bottom illuminated.

Thanks again for the posting!
I just purchased these head lights from Ebay so it will be some time before I receive them.....http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/e...ngler-truck-lite-led-headlights/photo-02.html

My question is where do I get the military rubber connector plugs for these at??..as I understand they do not come with them and come with the standard 3 prong plug.

I've seen the H4 to H13 adapter plug for Jeeps like this one....http://www.fortec4x4.com/Trucklite-...7-up-Jeep-Wrangler-Wrangler-Unlimited-JK.html

I'm not sure what I need so hoping to get an answer.

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

I did a quick search on Fleabay for the following keywords: "military packard wire connectors" and found a DIY set for $60. Some of our vendors may have kits as well. Good luck.

Shark Bait

I just purchased these head lights from Ebay so it will be some time before I receive them.....http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/e...ngler-truck-lite-led-headlights/photo-02.html

My question is where do I get the military rubber connector plugs for these at??..as I understand they do not come with them and come with the standard 3 prong plug.

I've seen the H4 to H13 adapter plug for Jeeps like this one....http://www.fortec4x4.com/Trucklite-...7-up-Jeep-Wrangler-Wrangler-Unlimited-JK.html

I'm not sure what I need so hoping to get an answer.
i bought a set from a vendor on the fleabay. I bought them on Friday and had them Monday. I'm not going to cut the plug off of the Truck-lite, I bought an H4 female plug at local auto parts retailer for $3 and will use connectors off some old MV lights I'm not using to solder to the female plug making my own adapter.

Dave

forum411

I have a set of the 24v LED headlights that came off an M1165. NSN 6220-01-547-9043 for sale. I'm new to the site and don't know how to post pictures or know where the classifieds are at. Sorry if this isn't the right place just want them put to good use instead of collecting dust in my garage. $400 for both OBO.

Name is Brice. You can call or text me for a picture 505-440-645two

forum411

I'm unable to post in the classifieds due to being new to the site and I was reading post in this thread of alot of people looking for these lights. I have a set so I'm trying to sell them

Jeepsinker

It costs $15 per year for a membership that will allow you to post items for sale in the classifieds. If you don't do that, your posts will be removed, and you could be banned if you continue to attempt to make posts trying to sell them otherwise.

rustystud

A lot of the military Grote lights are garbage. I've not had any of the headlights made by them yet though.
All the Grote LED's on our busses are garbage too. They said the taillights should last 10 years. Well they have lasted about 2 years on average ! We have warrantied so many I cannot even count how many I've replaced ! The LED markers are the same story. Now the new headlights are a different brand and seem to hold up OK so far. Don't know the brand yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks