28MT Starter

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one in my SECM for probably 8-9 years. They require a different support bracket. The brackets are still available, the ones for the 27MT starters are few and far between new.

Keith_J

I wish I could find one..domestic made. They spin faster with less current draw. I have the bracket.
The big benefit is half the weight.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I could find one..domestic made. They spin faster with less current draw. I have the bracket.
The big benefit is half the weight.
I know this does you no good but several years back I picked up a CME Arma rebuilt 28MT at the GA Rally for under a hun. It sits patiently waiting for the china copy to give up the smoke but it just keeps working.

ssdvc

For the starter, there are several different part numbers. Is this the correct unit part number for the 6.2? 21580DR Starter- Delco 28MT

LT67

The 28MT on my 85 M1008 does not turn over the engine as fast as the old 27MT. However it still starts like it's supposed to...

Keith_J

I have one on order..back order. But with employee discount, under $100. Anyone have experience with DB Electrical?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks