• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2dr to 4rd conversion

Ephraim76

I'd like to take a 2 dr soft top and convert it to a 4dr hard top but not a helmet hop. I'd like to have a rear curtain that is soft. Is there a name for this type of kit? Is that possible? Where is the cheapest place to get them? I'd like to get a black top that is hard material but more of a fabric material than a steal material. I'm planning on getting hard doors but would love to get doors that match the top too in material.. Suggestions?

Ephraim76

I've had jeeps that had this plastic top and it was easily taken off and on like t tops wondering if anything like that is out there for us?

ryanruck

The aftermarket is still trying to catch up to these trucks. It will probably be a while, if ever, before we have as many options as Jeeps.

For now your options are get a factory soft top 4 man conversion kit (from some place like Breton Industries), install a surplus slantback with hard top (expensive), get one of the aftermarket hard and permanent metal tops from one of the couple companies that has them, or make your own (or get someone to make you a) metal or fiberglass hard top. If you get the aftermarket metal top, you won't be able to remove it or install a soft rear curtain like you are thinking about as all of those have solid metal rears.

If you're wanting to retain the ability to go topless, the Breton soft top is really the best way to go. With hard doors and a little work making sure everything seals up well, you'll have no problem keeping the truck warm in the Winter. And you can always upgrade the heater. With the soft top, you just need to make sure you keep it treated with some sort of vinyl protectant so it doesn't rot away as they are prone to. Also helps to keep it garaged or at least covered.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a decent lightweight bikini style top to keep the sun off but I may try to make my own next Spring. Also still want some hybrid soft/hard half doors. :mrgreen:

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sell an aluminum hard top kit on fleabay. You'd just have to buy a canvas rear curtain if you dont want the aluminum rear curtain. I think I saw them for around $5k.