• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3/19 test

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So lastnight the wife "fixed"/updated my computer and here I am again, same problem. It has to be an update with IE doing this. Argh.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the x and eye are back, as well as the spellcheck automatically gives me a red wiggly line under a suspected mis-spelled word as I type.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
test, with an advanced reply, same issue.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, are we thinking it's either a java, or IE issue?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here at work every time we get an update from MS in the last few months it takes all of our printers offline with respect to our PCs. We have to add the printer back in after every update.

You can go to control panel and installed programs and remove Java completely and then test it. Do you even need Java to run this site? Javascript is not the same or even similar for that matter (other than the first part of the name). Try using Chrome. I have never looked back since switching.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using google chrome now

and it works "normal".

I guess that means my issue is IE.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had to switch to Chrome because we took our internal and moved everything to Google Gmail. It sucks but they didn't ask me. I call it the third grader with crayons mail system for third world countries. It isn't helping my career but when people say we will never be world class I take it personally. Funny, considering where we are in college rankings........

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And with FF

Works also.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand why I can still hit enter and skip down a line on other forum websites.

zout

DH - mine is doing identically the same thing on the home computer - the work computer with old windows is fine and the
enter key works - home OS is Windows 7. Other sites I tested last night the enter key works fine (both of them).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read the, FAQ, the wiki, the sticky, the schematic, the TMs, the lube order, asked 2 geeks and 1 nerd and searched the Ibahn, before posting.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't understand why I can still hit enter and skip down a line on other forum websites.
Was is IE10 that you loaded? There's a problem with the enter key and vBulletin that hasn't been addressed by the vendor.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I think you have answered my issue. Thank you

Last edited:

zout

And I was nearly ready to jump onto GL to get a new keyboard with a working ENTER key aua There sure were a lot of nasty words muttered around my computer table at home over this.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess we should go back a version, to avoid this issue.