• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 lever switch issues

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Over the winter when I turned on my light switch, the dash lights would come on as expected.

On a side note, I leave the dash lever in the "high" position all the time.

Once the heater got the cab warm, the dash lights would go out. Now that it is warm out, I have no dash lights. It doesn't really bother me too much, but it would be nice to see whats going on at night. I do have a spare switch to swap in but haven't yet. Has anyone else had this issue? I guess I will post back up when I swap the unit out and let you know if it fixed it.
I saw some old threads by monster man, but they did not really pertain to this issue imho.

Westech

CPL
The switches do have contact points in them.. take the switch apart and clean them just like you would points in a old junker POS car. A points file does work great. I have done this a few times to Light switches and the Turn signal leaver thingie

I vote for hitting it with a hammer. That's how I do my best work

John

Pro 13:4 The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

gimpyrobb

That still means pulling it out(excuse me while I whip this out!!). I'll try removing the plug from the back and letting a "tester" hang from behind the dash for a bit. :)

gimpyrobb

Yeah, I get that a lot.

Dang it, that last one is not relevant! oh wait, your a little bitch, I guess your right.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's full of mud, like your brakes were.

Do the dash lights stay on, in the dim position?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over the winter when I turned on my light switch, the dash lights would come on as expected.

On a side note, I leave the dash lever in the "high" position all the time.

Once the heater got the cab warm, the dash lights would go out. Now that it is warm out, I have no dash lights. It doesn't really bother me too much, but it would be nice to see whats going on at night. I do have a spare switch to swap in but haven't yet. Has anyone else had this issue? I guess I will post back up when I swap the unit out and let you know if it fixed it.
I saw some old threads by monster man, but they did not really pertain to this issue imho.

Considering your driving habits, I would wager that your switch has ingested some swill or spooge. When you leave your lever in the "High" position, do you turn your main switch to off? I leave my main switch in stop light mode.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any problem with the other gauges when the lights go out? Since they are all (lights and instruments) grounded via the instrument panel 1/4 turn fasteners, that should give you a clue...

The contacts are, or at least used to be silver plated, so be careful with a file for cleaning, perhaps just exercise the switch will do it...

Attachments

gimpyrobb

Yes I turn the main switch off. Nope, no problems with anything else, just the illumination. I will try another 3 lever and report back.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the dash lights stay on, in the dim position

Chief_919

I have found that some switches, for whatever reason, had extra thermal circuit breakers in odd places. ours may be one.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cranetruck said it first: go out and twist the dash fasteners back and forth first!

Otherwise I agree with Kenny, it's a lifestyle problem that requires you first attend a meeting and admit to having a problem.

Rick

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the dash lights stay on, in the dim position

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note posts 13 & 19. Looks like someone is looking for shared company in the dim position of life. Sucks to be at the helm of a rudderless ship cruising at flank speed! Where in the helll is that iceberg?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks