• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3126 CAT ECU MODS

brainsboy

Found a company that has a performance box that plugs between the ECU and the wiring harness, Its made by AG Diesel solutions, just curious if anyone has tried it before. I tried calling the company to get info but keep getting women in the tech department who sound like they are reading a text message back for answers, and who cant answer any questions. According to online it works on all 3126B and 3126E and C7's. Not looking for a big improvement in power but was thinking about adding an intake and trying to get 5-10% power increase might be nice with some ECO hubs.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a company that has a performance box that plugs between the ECU and the wiring harness, Its made by AG Diesel solutions, just curious if anyone has tried it before. I tried calling the company to get info but keep getting women in the tech department who sound like they are reading a text message back for answers, and who cant answer any questions. According to online it works on all 3126B and 3126E and C7's. Not looking for a big improvement in power but was thinking about adding an intake and trying to get 5-10% power increase might be nice with some ECO hubs.
Run away. These kinds of things are a bad idea.
Not positive about 3126, but c7 you can load a map up to 370hp.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a piggyback - it sits between the engine sensors and the ECM. It tells the ECM that the fuel pressure is lower than it actually is, so the ECM will command a higher fuel pressure thinking it's too low. This creates additional wear and tear on the fuel system that is now running a higher base pressure than CAT intended. I suppose in the HEUI world this is modifying HEUI actuation pressure since the ECM has no control over fuel delivery pressure since that is mechanically regulated.

At any rate it lies to the ECM to get it to add more fuel.

I'm not a fan of lying to the ECM, and looking at older posts it looks like you have a 2001 LMTV so you would have the 275 HP flash. I can flash your ECM to the MTV's 330 HP spec. Ship me your ECM and I'll turn it around in one to two business days with the upgraded performance and any other options you want like changing the PPM for the ECO hubs and enabling cruise control, etc. That's a 20% increase and it's an actual CAT sanctioned flash file. All you have to do is add the missing atmospheric pressure sensor - remove plug, and wiring harness cap. Screw sensor into valve cover and plug it in. No wiring or introducing poorly tested electronics from China with unknown side effects.

As @aw113sgte said - RUN, don't walk, the hell away from that product..... IMHO. I tune vehicles of many kinds on a daily basis and piggyback solutions are NEVER something I recommend...... 1996 called and wants it's bad idea back.